It's here........ Sonar 4.0

Oookay, if you missed it in the other thread, I'll ask again:

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?!?!?!?!?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thanks for posting this question twice - it allows me to get to 999 by once again asking, "What with"?

Q.

Qwerty said:
Thanks for posting this question twice - it allows me to get to 999 by once again asking, "What with"?

Q.

This is simply a gratuitous post to pad my post count while acknowledging that Q is about to break 1,000. :) Drum roll please.

Congrats, Q.

EDIT: And I hadn't even realized that this gratuitous post puts me at 3,999. :D :D :D :D

Last edited:
dachay2tnr said:
EDIT: And I hadn't even realized that this gratuitous post puts me at 3,999. :D :D :D :D

An EDIT? You could do better than that! Just make the post, dammit! :p

Can anyone explain to me what "freeze" does?

Is it like converting an audio track with effects/instrument etc. into an audio track that will play it all, except you can't change anything before you unfreeze?

If this is so, I guess I will upgrade. Also I like the folders.
I don't know about layers, exactly how they work. But the fact is I spend a lot of time moving recorded clips between tracks when I have tried about 10 times to get the best sounding recording and need to compare. Being able to easily move through those 10 recordings in the same track would make life a lot better, if that is what it is about.

Originally Posted by acidrock
I spent all my money on penis enlargement pills.

dachay2tnr said:
Since I obviously don't need these, I should have some extra money available for S4. ;)

So you don't have a penis? :confused: :eek:

How long was S3 out on the market? I know I was a little slow at picking it up but I just bought it two months ago. Now, they are releasing 4. I am going to do some research. I also just upgraded sound card, monitors, etc. This could be an excuse to upgrade the computer! Wow, I don't know if I should thank Twelve Tones or not?

im definatly going to upgrade when the time comes. Ive been thinking how track folders would make my life so much easier since i started using sonar (back during the sonar 2 XL time). The surround sound thing really isnt nessesary for me but it would be fun to play around with. It looks like its main new features make it easier and faster to do some tasks which is good. You should all watch the video of it at cakewalks site

There is a new version of Cakewalk later called Sonar each year.

Back in 1994 I got Cakewalk 2, and they released Cakewalk 3 before I even got it because of 6-8 weeks shipping from US to Europe. Since they only had free upgrade for those who bought the last 30 days, I couldn't even get a free upgrade when I finally received it. Guess how angry I was.

My understanding is that there is a free upgrade for those who bought Sonar3 within 30 days. Also, it is just shy of a year that S3 has been out. Doesn't matter to me though..... sigh.... just a software junkie. :cool:

Take Care

Back