It's been awhile... please review.

jjtcorsair

I haven't had anything to post in years, but I'm back at it and need some feedback. Let me know what you think of the balance and tone of things on "Begin Again"

http://www.esnips.com/web/jjtmusic

It's kind of a pop prog rock thingy.

Also, I just signed up for this esnips site, I would love to get feedback on download time or any problems you might have with the site.

Thanks in advance.

Jon

The download rate was at around 180kps so not too bad. Took like 1 minute to download.

ON to the mix.
I think the kick is too punchy for the style, but apart from that the mix sounds nice. The vox are real nicely recorded and mixed. What mic did you use?

Eck

Thanks Eck... I'll play around with the eq on the kick. Good suggestion.
The mic is a Groove Tube AM52 through a Presonus Eureka preamp.

I clicked the musical notes to the left & the streamer began wihin 4 seconds.
I'm listening on h/phones.
The punctuating cymbal needs something it's dry & up front as is the snare - no real prob with the bass drum in cans.
The heavy guitar buries the keyboard theme - needs some tweaking.
Some mix work to be done & the drums are, in the end a matter of personal taste.
Good song & well recorded.
Some nice Brian May flourishes on the guitars.

I love these thoughts... only fresh ears could hear that the guitar was stepping on the piano theme. Good one. The drums are a little difficult to fix since they are a stereo composite. I might play around with the brightness to minimize the cymbal and add a bit more verb to the overall drum track. Thanks for the compliments, Rayc. I tend to channel Brian May when I'm arranging guitar parts.

Nice singing and a pretty sweet song...I'm no expert, but for mine, the drums seemed a little tinny...maybe it was a harsh cymbal or something.

nice tune really nice. sweet vocals nothing screams out to me in my cans. Man, I could listen to a whole cd of this stuff

Thanks for the input Monkey and Jas... the drums are the weakest link in my setup. They are from a Roland Fantom workstation keyboard. I'll probably be investing in a drum sample cd soon.

Killthepixel... I wonder if it's the accelerator. I just looked around esnips support page and didn't find anything about it but maybe you can try without it and see what happens. I just downloaded the song with no problem from a seperate computer at work. Thanks for trying.
And thanks everyone else for giving me feedback on their esnips experience.

Jon

Back