Is this weird that I like mixing vocals like this?

Hey, Eqing is a great tool, and I know I use EQ on vocals a lot. Just from a scientific standpoint though, I'm not sure what boosting 50 hz actually does on a vocal though, unless its a deep bass. Or, if you boost it high enough, the crest of the boost can affect the body of your vocal, but in that case, just do a smaller bump higher up, so you add less noise to your signal.

yep this was a ridiculous idea. don't know why i did it but i can't take it back and i wouldn't want to anyway. and i don't have a problem with any of you or the responses i've gotten. though there is a certain tone that i find unsavory sometimes on this board. guess i just tried to expose it. i'm not trying to prove a point or even make a point really. just bein' a lil punk ass i s'pose. i'll be nice. i swear.

yep this was a ridiculous idea. don't know why i did it but i can't take it back and i wouldn't want to anyway. and i don't have a problem with any of you or the responses i've gotten. though there is a certain tone that i find unsavory sometimes on this board. guess i just tried to expose it. i'm not trying to prove a point or even make a point really. just bein' a lil punk ass i s'pose. i'll be nice. i swear.

I don't get involved in this kind of 'debate', but I'm afraid you brought the unsavoury tone to the thread.
You got a good range of sensible responses. That's about all you can hope for.

yep this was a ridiculous idea.
If by ridiculous you're referring to your boosting and attenuating thingy that you mention in your opening post {OP}, I disagree. It may be unusual to some, but if you like the sound it nets you, then it's a good thing to go with. And you can bet your life that some will try it out, if only out of curiosity and others will try it.......but won't admit it ! :D

Back