Is this even close..to being, original?

Sounds original to me.

The bass was a little heavy in the full band parts IMO, maybe a little heavy everywhere.

The softer parts really shone. Loved the verb on the vocals. Nice touch with backing vocal tracks.

listening again now, the bass is really to big I think, the bass tracking is great, that big layed back sound is perfect for the song, and the writing and playing rocks, but it's mixed too heavy.

Nice ending.

Sounds good man........I can't give deep mixing critiques right now 'cause I'm listening on 'puter speakers, but in general it sounds pretty good to me.
The vocals are nice but I do hear occassional pitch issues....minor but there nonetheless....
I agree with Skids about the change-ups...I like them myself....
Definitely hair-band material......let me guess, you had hair to your butt........( now my head just looks like a butt :D )

I wish I could help you on the low end...if it's too hot, it's not far off at all. You might consider just filtering everything below 50Hz...if you have a filter, lol....OR NOT

Hey man, I never realized it before, but one of the reasons I probably like your tunes is that you do have that "Paul Rodgers" quality to your voice. Since I was about 13, that guy was my favorite singer.

Nice one.

Bass sounds just a little hot, but damn that's some nice bass, fancy, and fits all at the same time!!

The lead to me sounds a little burried.

What great playing, singing, and song.

Great work!!!

GT

Dough H-
listening again now, the bass is really to big I think
Yeah it's a little much, i did a tad more low cut today..think i may have it better. I have to retrk cymbals againg though before i can get a final mix, they are crap. Thanks for that Dough

Lt.Bob~sexeist sax in the south~:D
The vocals are nice but I do hear occassional pitch issues....minor but there nonetheless
Man i'm going to have'em LOL! No matter how hard i try, nothing just down right gross though..right? hehe, yeah they are. Man i aint never had long hair...and i aint butt ugly either:D Haha thanks Steve!

chrisharris-
I wish I could help you on the low end...if it's too hot, it's not far off at all. You might consider just filtering everything below 50Hz...if you have a filter, lol....OR NOT
I fooled with it today, cut the lows..it helped some i think. Damn...Paul Rodgers:D get the fuck outta here, i thought i sounded more like "Tiny Tim" LOL! Yeah man, he's been a fav of mine for many years too. Appreciate the comments chris!

GT-
The lead to me sounds a little burried.
I agree, i up'ed it a hair this evening though..stands out a little better now..Thanks for the kind words GT!

I appreciate the time you guy's give me, i'm not worthy of all the kind stuff, but thanks just the same. I'm going to have to retrack the drums...cymbal tones are..well ya heard them. Was hoping to have a remix today but it aint gonna happen. I'll bump this when i can get it better. Thanks!

Thanks for the bump Kramer. I listened to this a while back and sat here and talked about it. I guess Something happened before I typed a post and I haven`t had time to get back.
David, nice nice. You a good bass player. You already got the other stuff knocked out. It was a little heavy sounding in the mix but worked ok, everything was played well. When i`m gettin off on the guitar, that vision of you and the babe posing as Dr`s of the Apocolypse abiout to do surgery in the studio keeps coming back. That was funny as hell!!
You got rid of that crunch you were getting in the vocals a while back. Singing is au naturalis and good as always. :)

Toki987 said:
Thanks for the bump Kramer. I listened to this a while back and sat here and talked about it. I guess Something happened before I typed a post and I haven`t had time to get back.
David, nice nice. You a good bass player. You already got the other stuff knocked out. It was a little heavy sounding in the mix but worked ok, everything was played well. When i`m gettin off on the guitar, that vision of you and the babe posing as Dr`s of the Apocolypse abiout to do surgery in the studio keeps coming back. That was funny as hell!!
You got rid of that crunch you were getting in the vocals a while back. Singing is au naturalis and good as always. :)
Kramer: I am soooo going to get you back for this!:D

Toki:
You a good bass player
Thanks I needed a good laugh today:) . Haha, i'd really like to see that vision you had! Yeah the crunch deal:rolleyes: , man just a preamp problem i should of figured out three yr's ago LOL! Still haven't finished it yet, waiting on my guy to get his ass back down here to fix the cymbals. Thanks for the words brutha..

Back