Is this blues, or is this just s4it? my playing

nzausrec

Hi, can I have some advice and whether this is blues / rockabilly playing or does it sound like crap?
Thanks

Attachments

• Demo-plex.mp3
    3.1 MB · Views: 38
Thats what in blues terms would normally be called a Shuffle and the playing sounds just fine... If you want ideas on how you might want to stretch out a bit with it there are some good players here who may help.

You've got some good ideas, you might try swinging it a bit more. That's the beauty of multi tracking, you can try different approaches.

That's definitely a blues shuffle. You could try different and more definite turnaround licks to add variation. There's plenty of stock licks - google "blues turnarounds".

Lol
I am watching Kieth Wyatt and he talks about using usual 8th step rhythm over the shuffle beat to get swing. Blues played 'halfway between triplet and straight.'

Lol
I am watching Kieth Wyatt and he talks about using usual 8th step rhythm over the shuffle beat to get swing. Blues played 'halfway between triplet and straight.'

Thats triple eights and will get you in the ball park. The rest is in your fingers...

Listen to Duke Robillard as a good entry point to modern swing/blues shuffle playing. There are a ton of others. Most of the gigs I do are that sort of stuff. Any Jump Jive band will put you on the right road to exploring Swing. Then go back through the Jazz era and Charlie Christian...

Back