Is there life beyond earth.......Astrobiology

TAE

All you have is now
Pretty cool video on the subject...pretty crazy this thing called life

But yes, it is almost impossible that life doesn’t, or hasn’t, existed elsewhere in the multiverse. The Drake equation is a fantastic number cruncher for that. Complex, intelligent life? Likely, just a matter if they exist now or have gone extinct at this particular moment. Plugging in the Drake equation with a couple of unknown-but-probable figures guesstimates, a lot of physicists estimate 5,000 + life forms currently in our galaxy alone that are technically capable of broadcasting long distance communications. Fermi paradox comes to play here but doesn’t take into account: radio waves at speed of light would take a long, long time to receive and send across our galaxy, those signals would need to be precise locations to detect or target and our galaxy is unbelieveably vast. Pinpointing a signal toward a tiny planet’s direction for every candidate star system in the sky will take AI advancements and refinement in quantum computing and whatever advanced tech comes after that

Reactions: TAE
But yes, it is almost impossible that life doesn’t, or hasn’t, existed elsewhere in the multiverse. The Drake equation is a fantastic number cruncher for that. Complex, intelligent life? Likely, just a matter if they exist now or have gone extinct at this particular moment. Plugging in the Drake equation with a couple of unknown-but-probable figures guesstimates, a lot of physicists estimate 5,000 + life forms currently in our galaxy alone that are technically capable of broadcasting long distance communications. Fermi paradox comes to play here but doesn’t take into account: radio waves at speed of light would take a long, long time to receive and send across our galaxy, those signals would need to be precise locations to detect or target and our galaxy is unbelieveably vast. Pinpointing a signal toward a tiny planet’s direction for every candidate star system in the sky will take AI advancements and refinement in quantum computing and whatever advanced tech comes after that
^ the dunning-kruger effect in action, folks 🤣

I find this subject fascinating and stimulating, especially as detection and analysis tech has leap-frogged our capabilities at seemingly exponential rates. JWST and detection of galaxies formed 300 million years after Big Bang has shaken the scientific community recently and I’m excitedly-curious to find out how that plays out in the community.

speed of light
Speed of light pffffft! That's so Conestoga wagon space and time constricted kind of thinking...we can be here, there or everywhere in an instance in the NOW...ya just gotta shake that material world illusion thing your imagining. :laughings:

I need to get a life on Earth.
You already have that! You post here every day. That's proof enough that you are alive.

The original question remains: "Is there life beyond Earth?"

No one among us, here on Earth, regardless of the the telescopes we launch outside of our atmosphere on Earth, such as the James Webb telescope merely provides the scientists among us a glimpse into the past of events that happened millions or billions years ago, given the speed of light.

It truly amazing that with or without the aid of telescopes, whenever we cast our eyes into a night sky....we are seeing what once was in the universe.

I do believe that there are lifeforms outside of Earth, but I don't want to go all in like Fox Mulder.

Pretty cool video on the subject...pretty crazy this thing called life

Maybe there is life - whether they can travel through space is another question - and whether they would visit us is another question.

Reactions: TAE
Back