Is the headphone jack of US-122mkII supposed to mute the line out?

tubbis_2

As the topic says. Is the headphone jack of US-122mkII supposed to mute the line out?
It does that on US-122L but I can't find anything in the manual for US-122mkII about it.

The phones/line out level knob controls the output level of the LINE OUT jacks and the PHONES jack.

This would imply that the headphone jack does not mute the line out jacks.

However, there are audio controls that might override this. See page 21 of the user manual for audio device settings.

Thanks for the reply, Manslick but the knob on US-122L controls the output of the LINE OUT and the PHONES aswell, however when something is plugged in the PHONES it mutes the LINE OUT. The reason for asking is that a friend of mine has the US-122mkII and he's been having problem with it. And his interface doesn't mute the line out so I thought that it may be fawlty but perhaps is the mkII designed that way. I don't know. So I thought I ask on this forum.

Thanks for the reply, Manslick but the knob on US-122L controls the output of the LINE OUT and the PHONES aswell, however when something is plugged in the PHONES it mutes the LINE OUT. The reason for asking is that a friend of mine has the US-122mkII and he's been having problem with it. And his interface doesn't mute the line out so I thought that it may be fawlty but perhaps is the mkII designed that way. I don't know. So I thought I ask on this forum.

Exactly which unit are you having a problem with? US-122L? US-122mkII?

Attachments

• US-122.JPG
    US-122.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 11
The problem is with the mkII. When my friend sticks something in the PHONES jack it does NOT mute the LINE OUT like it does on the US-122L. Is this normal for the mkII or is it something wrong? Again, thanks for all the help Manslick but I thhought there would be someone on this forum that owns a mkII that just could shed som light on this issue by answering yes/no to my initial question.

Back