Is it Possible ? :)

tough question to answer. In the video he has a SM58 vocal mic and his guitar is plugged in directly. Not typically ideal for guitar, but works ok. The thing is, he's got a taylor guitar and I'm not sure what you have. He's also got amazing vocal skills, I'm not sure what you have. In theory, you have enough to make the quality of recording provided you know how to do it, but often the thing that makes good recordings sound great, is the talent in front of the mics and instruments. If you've got that... you've got all the tools to make that quality of a "live" recording.

Cheers,
Ryan

I'm not sure why you're aspiring to that guitar sound Fariz... as Ryan above points out, it's straight from the pickup... nothing special..

Depends upon a whole host of factors you haven't told us about...

I'm not sure why you're aspiring to that guitar sound Fariz... as Ryan above points out, it's straight from the pickup... nothing special..

Depends upon a whole host of factors you haven't told us about...

cause i cant seem to get that kind of sound from my Pg81 and i have a taylor guitar

Put up a clip, let's hear. Play what he's playing, if that's what you're after, and we'll have a listen. That mic should yield you a much better sound than the direct sound he's getting. Most likely, it's just a matter of placement and you're getting too boomy of a sound.

1.) how far away is your mic from the guitar?
2.) where is the mic pointed?

cause i cant seem to get that kind of sound from my Pg81 and i have a taylor guitar

Because he's not using a microphone.

The question remains, why do you want that particular sound? It's not a particularly great acoustic guitar sound...

I'd mic it up and I'd take the pickup (I'm assuming you have one...) and record them both, then you have plenty of scope to blend one or the other according to taste....

Back