Invasion From Mars

Kind of had a nice charm to it. Kind of late 50's, early 60's Monster Mash feel to it. Not high fidelity or even close. But it had a fun character.

THere is one guitar in there, playing a melody line, that is kind of loud and harsh. I'd do something about that.

Hey, thanks.
Yeah, you're right. But it's hard to change that now, the lead guitar was part of a sub-mix that went back to the 4-track for 2 additional overdubs

---------- Update ----------

very cool tune. it has that Peter Gun vibe to it.
Thanks!
Henry Mancini made some cool music.

Thanks for posting, I really enjoyed the tune. It is nice to hear a 4 track tape production. The only recording platform I have is a 4 track portastudio. A lot of advance planning is required to record this way. Hope to hear some more 4 track stuff from you.

Yep - lofi is not for everyone in this digital age of crystal clarity. Don't let it bother you. This sound authentic to me. Mix wise, there is a bit of harsh highs towards the end that you could look at - not sure of it's a guitar or synth but I'd play around and eq that down a bit. Am I losing hearing in my left ear or is everything leaning center/right? I sure hope it's the latter lol :D

Thanks for posting, I really enjoyed the tune. It is nice to hear a 4 track tape production. The only recording platform I have is a 4 track portastudio. A lot of advance planning is required to record this way. Hope to hear some more 4 track stuff from you.
Thanks,
yeah.

Yep - lofi is not for everyone in this digital age of crystal clarity. Don't let it bother you. This sound authentic to me. Mix wise, there is a bit of harsh highs towards the end that you could look at - not sure of it's a guitar or synth but I'd play around and eq that down a bit. Am I losing hearing in my left ear or is everything leaning center/right? I sure hope it's the latter lol :D

Hey,
thanks. Yep.
I don't know. :e

Back