Intelligent conversations

Says the guy still crying about the cave's demise.

You blind ignorance and unwillingness to actually read what was typed is a typical reason why your precious cave died a gloriously pathetic death. I meant "you" as the collective you. As in yall. As in you all. That's not a personal attack. I wasn't talking about you specifically. I even spelled it out, but you intentionally or otherwise glossed over it while selectively only putting certain aspects of my quote in bold. You missed the point right in front of your face. Don't blame me for that.

That inability has been demonstrated for years. That's not an HR problem, that's the problem of the people that participated in those "conversations". You're not really this naive.

And some of us think it's fine. And it is fine when you have the entire internet at your disposal to vomit politics.

:laughings:

lol @ meltdown

Let's see a show of hands. Raise your hand if your ability to discuss things in a civil and intelligent manner was so elevated that you actually got banned from the depravity that was the cave? Xtra credit for multi bans, both hands up!

(hands down, don't shoot)

You guys are a bunch of drama queens.

HR's new owners wanted a more politically correct internet business. - At least that has some logic to it.

Posters with no financial interest in HR wanted a forum shut down that they were never forced to click on - that's just a sign of pure butthurt.

You guys are a bunch of drama queens.

HR's new owners wanted a more politically correct internet business. - At least that has some logic to it.
Posters with no financial interest in HR wanted a forum shut down that they were never forced to click on - that's just a sign of pure butthurt.
Be careful, if you posted in the deleted forum youre branded as an undesirable by those that never clicked on it.....but were bothered by what was being said.

walk on eggshells IBB

To get the thread back on topic.....
Members like to talk about stuff that has nothing to do with music or recording sometimes. Most people, like to talk about whatever the top news stories of the day are. You go to McDonalds in the morning and what are the old coots talking about.....the top news stories of that day. You are at work and prople shoot the shit about whatever is in the news.
Its natural for an OFF TOPIC sub forum to be dominated by whats in the news whether it be politics, a mass shooting, or rescuing a baby out of a well. ANY off topic forum has to be moderated or will degress into shit slinging at some point. That being said, when you are prohibited from discussing topic that might, even in a round about way, lead to religion or politics...it really narrows what can be discussed. Politics and religion are just topics that are among the top news stories of the day, thats all. But they are hard to moderate because of the personal attacks and outright hatred by some against those who disagree with them.

Jimi, I agree with you about what we should and shouldn't be allowed to talk about in an off topic section of the forum. Its just kind of ironic coming from you as you're usually one of the first people to turn things into a shit-fight.

Jimi, I agree with you about what we should and shouldn't be allowed to talk about in an off topic section of the forum. Its just kind of ironic coming from you as you're usually one of the first people to turn things into a shit-fight.

That's why it was taken away from them. It's not what was talked about, it's how those cretins talked about it.

That's why it was taken away from them. It's not what was talked about, it's how those cretins talked about it.

That what I don't understand. Wouldn't it be easier to just ban all of the rems as and when they step out of line instead of changing the rules of the forum as a whole. Like they did with that clown on the thread about the pilot getting shot down.

That what I don't understand. Wouldn't it be easier to just ban all of the rems as and when they step out of line instead of changing the rules of the forum as a whole. Like they did with that clown on the thread about the pilot getting shot down.

They banned most of them. A few stragglers still remain. It's not that easy though. When you give them an inch, they take a whole mile and fuck it all up.

Kind of sad thread here. It would be nice if we just came together as a community, dropped the sniping and bullshit and just got along regardless for once. I'm not a "thankful" Thanksgiving kind of guy but I have enjoyed the community aspect of this place for all these years. I'd like to see it get more community minded once again with tolerance of divergent opinions at the forefront.

Oh well. Pipedreams are us. Have a great day with yer families if you are so blessed.

lou

Thats because of my views on religion, the 2nd amendment, and left wing politics.
Anytime a consevative point of view is presented about any of those topics it results in a shit storm....because most HR members have opposing views. I used to get gang tackled. That never bothered me but when i gave it back to them just as harshly, and bluntly as they gave it to me...including tit for tat on personal attacks...some got all butthurt and called me names, accuse me of starting a shit storm, and being a troll. (if that didnt work they usually then resort to pointing out spelling errors)
In other words, they couldn't take the heat but wanted to stay in the kitchen.
My beliefs and values is what started shit storms. Many shit storms were already raging and I chimed in....but even those seemed to get piled on me.
Dont get me wrong, I didnt really sweat it. The out of control trolling that was allowed to fester is the only thing that ever bothered me. Some of the highbrows pointing fingers at "former cavers" now were the fucking trolls back then...ironic huh?
Before anyone asks if im talking about them let me just say if the shoe fits wear it.
Though I have started shit storms before, most everyone who ever took part in the cave discussions has started their share. people that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones ya know.

Its all academic anyway, Jimi. P&R are still unfortunately no go. If they decide to change that and just strictly moderate it instead, then you can prove that you can discuss it without throwning a complete wobbley

Ya know Jimi seems to be a fun target for some because of his rigid beliefs and willingness to stand by them. I don't agree with Jimi completely on a lot of things..we've never had a shit storm fight here or in the Cave and as far as I know neither he, and for certain myself have ever been banned.

It's just about (not so common) common courtesy. When you break out the suck dick, *** gurgling comments you expose you're moral level, your mentality and scale of maturity. It's one thing pointing out things you don't like about someone or something they have said or believe, it's another to exaggerate those dislikes, distort the truth and try and belittle them with childish put downs as if you're superior to them.

No one earth has a clue as to how they came to be and are in no way responsible for the talents, IQ and physical ability the were given / born with. Getting all wrapped up in your ego because you're stronger, smarter, more clever or more talented is laughable in the big picture.

It's a crazy sad, yet amazing and incredible world out there for us to experience and partake in. An undeserved gift (life on Earth) that each one of us gets to partake in. Each one of us has the freedom of choice and the power to make a difference. It can be positive, neutral or negative.

As billions are spent each year protecting man from man, well over a billion people, 1/6th of the world population goes hungry today... Brilliant!

We Americans get to enjoy today and eat Turkey and feast like little piggies...I'm down with that but it's a crazy world and as I dig in, I do so knowing that somewhere out there in Africa or elsewhere in the world a child dies from hunger or dehydration.

It's not "fair", in fact it blows..but just like the Cave and the horseshit disrespect that went on in there, it seems mans inhumanity to man will continue as it has throughout our illustrious and embarrassing history because it is part of our DNA. Try as we might...in the end...we're all just self centered, self seeking animals trying to make it through this life without a clue.

Give thanks today for what you have been blessed with and pray ( or do something that makes it possible ) that someday no one has to die because we have our priorities and objectives screwed up.

Last edited:
Back