Instrumental Metal

Leadguitar:

I listened your songs and you have very good solo tones and technique.

These things, like musical style,the way you improvise,arrangement and many "artistic" details are really a MATTER OF TASTE, ("your art", as Coolcat saids)

But when Blueroom talk about "rhythmn errors", sorry, but he´s right.
And TECNICALLY speaking, the weakest point of songs are Drums and Guitars (not solo), which are not on the same "click", principally on songs 1, 2 and 3 (Metal Maihen seems ok) .

Ciro

Last edited:
Okay, it is now clear as to what Mr. Lead wants to hear...

Here goes.... Dude, OMFG, that is the best shit i've ever heard....you are amazing...How you are not signed is utterly baffeling... you have a technique that is passionate, completly original, and mind boggeling... I wish you lived near by so I could take lessons from you, not only on guitar, but in mixing as well... This is bar none the greatest stuff to ever grace this forum...

I'd say that it is only a matter of time before you are on the cover of all the Guitar Mags, wearing the crown of Guitar God...

It is a rarity, but every now and then someone comes along that completly re-writes playing guitar...and that my friend is you....

Let's all rejoice, and play this music at the top of every mountian!!!

Perdicament said:
Okay, it is now clear as to what Mr. Lead wants to hear...

Here goes.... Dude, OMFG, that is the best shit i've ever heard....you are amazing...How you are not signed is utterly baffeling... you have a technique that is passionate, completly original, and mind boggeling... I wish you lived near by so I could take lessons from you, not only on guitar, but in mixing as well... This is bar none the greatest stuff to ever grace this forum...

I'd say that it is only a matter of time before you are on the cover of all the Guitar Mags, wearing the crown of Guitar God...

It is a rarity, but every now and then someone comes along that completly re-writes playing guitar...and that my friend is you....

Let's all rejoice, and play this music at the top of every mountian!!!
Is that so?I've heard Your SHIT today(It wasn't very good) VERY EASY to understand WHY your not signed and never will be and I really don't believe YOU reserve the right to say to much either,Are you and Ray C Pygmy Lovers?Fuck YOU PREDIC!! ..........CHEERS!

Show those true colors....

Another one of those people who can not take any kinda constructive criticism... One day hopefully you will wake up, and realize that you always have something to learn...

So, umm you come here and post a tune, that we take our time and listen to, then offer some critique and you get offended..... Fuckin brilliant dude...keep up the good work!

If ya want nothing but flattering comments, save us the god damm time, and go play this shit for your friends and mother....they'll give you an honest assessment.....

If your not ready to hear some shit that may help you, then fuckin don't post your shit.

Get a clue as to what and why this forum is here and about...

What the fuck dude?

Seriously...You have some chops, and I wouldn't say that the rhythm is terrible or anything, but it's definitely got issues. It drags and pushes quite a bit. It seems to me that everybody in here but you agrees on that.

Normally I would give you some props on the playing, but I can't seem to look past your pitiful attitude. Get over yourself first of all.

Trust me....you don't want to hear my comments on anything else....... :rolleyes:

BTW........where's YOUR tunes?I could ONLY imagine....

first of all, when you sell over 100,000 records, then you can come talk to me. until then, I will keep my music to myself, because I don't need feedback...you are a complete dillhole, and you are going to continue to suck...I hope that you have a dream of becoming a professional musician, because when that dream doesn't come true, I will be the first one there laughing my ass off.

good day & fuck you!!

LEADGTRPLAYR said:
HONEST?Hmmm,OK.So lemme get this straight I NEVER asked to be rated by you so just by posting a song in here I'm subjected to YOUR so called/wanna be honest opinion?I posted in here for peeps to listen,if you don't have anything NICE to say then shut the fuck up.Hmmmm?NEXT!BTW........where's YOUR tunes?I could ONLY imagine....
LEADGTRPLAYR said:
Hey RAY C............yes YOU Mr. I hate everybody's tunes,In fact when is the last time you EVER said anything NICE about anyone else's song?I'm NOT here for your comments or rec's. and NO I don't want YOUR opinion especially you don't even like Metal.I can put up any kind of banner I want,So Fuck Off...You already said your not into Shredding,so keep it the fuck shut huh Mate?Oh yeah,I have already heard YOUR tunes.....Paaahleeez.........You have NO right even to point and click when it comes to ME!

Aparently this thread has become your outlet for tearing down everybody else's music....That makes sense - you get pissed about some simple helpful comments and resort to attempts at clowning everyone else on the board. Okay...I'll tell you what I really think. :cool:

You obviously have some fundamental timing issues. It's the kind of thing all too many self-obsessed lead guitarists are plagued with and they all respond to criticism just like you. They get pissed.
Besides that, your leads are somewhat boring and repetitive. It sounds like you're relying on 2 or 3 different stale old patterns to get by as you tremelo pick and feverishly hammer them as fast as you can in an effort to make them sound cool. On the occasion that you abandon the speed picking to settle into a couple of "money" notes you rarely, if ever, land on any that really say anything. And just so you know, I am a big fan of shred. I'm a big fan of over the top guitar playing. I'm a big fan of metal. I'm a big fan of what you're trying to accomplish with your music. But if I may mirror the remarks you so eagerly shared earlier....I don't think Steve Vai is going to be rushing to sign you up on Favored Nations any time soon.....

I would usually focus on the good qualities of your music, because that's what I enjoy doing. I enjoy positive camaraderie between fellow musicians. I really enjoy sharing ideas and helpful criticism with fellow guitarists. Part of that is appreciating it when someone tries to help me. Your ego is obviously too big to accept any criticism....that's why I felt the need to dish out a whole bunch of it. :cool:

So go ahead and make fun of me too if you want to. I don't care. ;)

LEADGTRPLAYR said:
I'm playing to a PRE recorded Drum Track...I had to play to IT.I didn't have a TUDE as you fuckfaces call it UNTIL you started saying that I had timing issues...Were you in the studio when I recodred this?Then you don't KNOW what your taking about do you?Again,I'm more than SURE i don't NEED your props,let's be realistic I KNOW what the fuck I play like...You don't like MY attitude?FUCK YOU CHUMP..I don't like your Retardness but I'm sure thats NOT gonna change anything will it?

Well then why didn't you say something about it instead of being an ass?
Stuff like this is easily resolved among grown men..and you're the one calling us children. :rolleyes:
Besides, if the timing is off, it's off. You can make excuses for it all you want, but you can't tell us we're wrong.....unless you're too dense to hear it yourself, which may be the case. :confused:

I'd like to meet a fucking mouthy prick like you in person. That's all I've got to say. You're a joke.... :rolleyes:

metalhead28 said:
Well then why didn't you say something about it instead of being an ass?
Stuff like this is easily resolved among grown men..and you're the one calling us children. :rolleyes:
Besides, if the timing is off, it's off. You can make excuses for it all you want, but you can't tell us we're wrong.....unless you're too dense to hear it yourself, which may be the case. :confused:

I'd like to meet a fucking mouthy prick like you in person. That's all I've got to say. You're a joke.... :rolleyes:
NOPE...your right there...I didn't want to say anything because it SOUNDS like an excuse,it's real easy to hear the drums go out,then come back,NO?..I said you were WRONG when it came to the GUITARS...I know when shit ain't right,I've been doin this for more than just a few years homie..So NOPE,not the dense 1 either. I live in Massachusetts BTW and would love the chance to meet you as well.Take Care.

lol, anyone else find this thread funny?

if you started to take peoples critism(which is all true by the way) on board, you might perhaps improve. alas, that aint gonna happen if you really think how you write.

I was gonna offer my opinion but I guess I'd better not. I'd rather be honest and constructive. I defer to the next person in line. :cool:

Dude seriously, are you for real???

Damm man, just like every fuckin noob that sits in guitar center playing some pathetic shred wanna be shit and thinks they are the bomb....

You have made yourself very clear in your musical maturity... We could have been somewhat impressed, and offered you some pionters on how you could improve both your playing and mixing abilities, maybe help you grow as a musician, but your fucking lame ass ego just will not permit that...

So keep up your lame ass no feel shred, with no emotion whatsoever, and your fragile ego and see where you end up...

You will never get the respect that you so desire and seemingly need until you open your god damm eyes...

And yes, I am still trying to help you realize your dream, but I am being honest... for real man...

you can dis all our music as a retort, saying it sucks and whatever...but I can tell you this for sure, not a single one of us has one ounce of respect for anything you have to say at this point, you have lost all your privleges at this point to say a god damm word and actually think that we could give a shit or even take it seriously...

Your going down an ugly path that no one wants to be a part of...

LEADGTRPLAYR said:
Another New Tune,still needs tweaking BUT I thought I'd post it anyway!Enjoy http://www.myspace.com/leadgtrplayr

I just had a listen dude, not bad playing, doesn't seem to go anywhere, maybe you need to practice your rhythm playing a bit more instead of playing heaps of notes and not hitting any money notes.
You are playing out of time to your drum machine in certain sections. I love shredders, Jason Becker, Marty Friedman, Yngwie, Tony McAlpine, Joe Satriani etc etc but there doesn't seem to be any guitar line that is memorable. Don't get me wrong, I mean to be constructive in my criticism, I'm sure you know that this is what this forum is used for in general, but it has no substance when it comes to what an instrumental is all about, and that is to use the instrument of choice to create a melody line. Your playing is fast and some of it is articulated and executed very well it's just that it is more like 100 kindergarten kids all shouting out to their teacher which particular icecream flavour they want and when they want it while pulling the cats tail.
You seem to have a lot of friends on your myspace page????????????? :confused:

I have just read some of the post's on this page and I guess I am in for a serving from you EGOPLAYR!!!... :D

Last edited:
I for one think there is no way this dude's head can seriously be this far up his own ass. This really has to be a joke. ;)

Bravo!

You had me there for a minute....really, you did. :p

What tipped me off was when this 35 year old man was saying "Dude, all kinds of people I don't even know tell me I kick ass!".......hahaha

I remember a bunch of the real stinkers on American Idol saying that.... :p

But back to your song.....please don't compare yourself to Becker, Friedman, etc....When I bust out laughing here at work everyone looks at me funny. I need to stop doing that. ;)

JUST what I thought.you KEEP your tunes stuffed WAAY up your ass where no none will ever hear them.Now I KNOW you suck...hahaha.........I don't need to sell anything to impress you retard...

allright guy...I don't have anything to prove to you. I CHOOSE not to share my tunes, because I am not here to GET critiques...rather I am here to give my knowledgable opinion to schmucks like you!!! Hell man, I'm fucking 24 and have been getting paid, laid, and touring for the last 7 years...how old are you???? If all I had to guess off of was your posts, or your laughable rhythm guitar playing, I would guess 15...but the picture of your ugly ass mug suggests a lonely 35-40 year old, who has nothing better to do with his life than sit in his efficiency, shred on guitar, & masturbate to World of Warcraft.

DO US ALL A FAVOR AND GO THE FUCK AWAY!!!! NOBODY WANTS YOUR MUSIC, ATTITUDE, OR BLATANTLY HOMOSEXUAL RHYTHM GUITAR PLAYING ON OUR BOARD ANYMORE!!!!!!.....YOU HAVE BEEN REPORTED AND NEG REPPED.....I SUGGEST YOU STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM HERE, YOU SORRY LITTLE ****BAG...

mhmmm.

FYI, this is the called the MP3 mixing clinic. People come here to get their "mix" "critiqued", but you didn't get that memo.

did they teach you grammar in school? I know they didn't teach you rhythm.

once again, I have nothing to prove to you, so no I won't be posting any tunes. when YOU can make a living being a "LEADGTRPLAYER", then I will consider myself wrong about all of this...until then fuck you very much!

just because your dumbass can't hear the BIG rhythm errors, and others *may* have heard them, doesn't mean they don't exist. dude...if you think you are so talented, and such an "original" guitarist why don't you go ask any other "professional" musician what their honest opinion is of your rhythm tracks...prepare to be humbled.

anyways, I'm done with this thread, YOUR dumbass, and talking about this un-original, un-inspired music....GOOD DAY SIR!!!!

P.S. you might want to change your handle from "LEADGTRPLAYR" to "PleaseStrokeMyFragileEgo"

Well, Lead...you should be proud of your music, afterall that is why we are here, that is why we love to do what we do... However, and I am assuming that you play music out of passion and not competition, why not take some advice and critiques? What can possibly be the harm in that??

If you can't handle it, then in all honesty, you should either stop playing cause your playing for the wrong reasons.... or man-up and maybe try to listen to some of the critiques and strive to be a better musician....

You actions and responses have shown that you either think you've reached the pinnicle of guitar and musical greatness, or that you are a musician for the sake of trying to be cool and impressive, which is the wrong reason and you will never ever grow much beyond where you are currently at now.

I listened to some of the other stuff you have on that other site, and your definately a better lead guy than a rythem guy...While there is a marked improvement on this current tune over the (I assume) older stuff you still havn't got that part down good yet. I/we already know that that's not what ya wanna hear, but you do need to hear that in order to improve...

If your perfectly content in all of your playing then simply disregard that comment....

See I know I dont' suck with my ability to write and play, but I also know that no matter how good I get I can ALWAYS get better...there is always something to learn....

You should take advantage of sites like this, cause you can get a good honest unbiased opinion of your music...Not everyone is gunna like it, some will some wont... but they are still unbiased opinions from strangers that have no ties to you musically or personally...

But now as you have seen, you've recieved good comments before, and now because of your actions everyone is telling you that you suck and that you are a peice of shit.... If you go thru life, espically in music, this will happen time and time again...Nobody, and I mean NOBODY will want you around, and forget about getting gigs and getting paid for it...they'd rather have a red hot poker shoved up their ass than listen to one note of your music because of the image you convey.... It may not happen right away, and you may be able to fool a few for a little bit, but if this really IS how you are, then good luck cause you're really gunna need it.

Perdicament said:
Well, Lead...you should be proud of your music, afterall that is why we are here, that is why we love to do what we do... However, and I am assuming that you play music out of passion and not competition, why not take some advice and critiques? What can possibly be the harm in that??

If you can't handle it, then in all honesty, you should either stop playing cause your playing for the wrong reasons.... or man-up and maybe try to listen to some of the critiques and strive to be a better musician....

You actions and responses have shown that you either think you've reached the pinnicle of guitar and musical greatness, or that you are a musician for the sake of trying to be cool and impressive, which is the wrong reason and you will never ever grow much beyond where you are currently at now.

I listened to some of the other stuff you have on that other site, and your definately a better lead guy than a rythem guy...While there is a marked improvement on this current tune over the (I assume) older stuff you still havn't got that part down good yet. I/we already know that that's not what ya wanna hear, but you do need to hear that in order to improve...

If your perfectly content in all of your playing then simply disregard that comment....

See I know I dont' suck with my ability to write and play, but I also know that no matter how good I get I can ALWAYS get better...there is always something to learn....

You should take advantage of sites like this, cause you can get a good honest unbiased opinion of your music...Not everyone is gunna like it, some will some wont... but they are still unbiased opinions from strangers that have no ties to you musically or personally...

But now as you have seen, you've recieved good comments before, and now because of your actions everyone is telling you that you suck and that you are a peice of shit.... If you go thru life, espically in music, this will happen time and time again...Nobody, and I mean NOBODY will want you around, and forget about getting gigs and getting paid for it...they'd rather have a red hot poker shoved up their ass than listen to one note of your music because of the image you convey.... It may not happen right away, and you may be able to fool a few for a little bit, but if this really IS how you are, then good luck cause you're really gunna need it.
AGREED............Very Much...I am here for HOBBY,any band I was ever in that HAD potential went out the window along w/another fired singer...Which is WHY I do what I do now(Instrumental).PRE,I really DO agree on ALL that you have just posted here,I HAVE reached a pinnacle of my playing,NOT to be cool BUT I play what I like to listen to is all ..And because I'm content doing it but yeah,I have spent too much time on learning how to play like Vinnie Vincent and Lynchy,that my Dimebagness has suffered...I have ALOT of other stuff from bands I have been in that are more GROOVE orientated and hardly ANY leads,IF you could believe that...Hey...Man I AM sorry for sounding like an egotistical fucking tool and NO I DO NOT take criticism well but yet ALOT of pride in my god given gift..You have been VERY cool w/me so now I will MAN UP..Sorry and BTW,for whatever it's worth NOW...I Liked your tunes....I USUALLY get along w/everybody,I'm sure IF we ever met that we would to..Maybe I had a bad week??And a few out of time mishaps...

an apology is all anyone asked for. We weren't putting you down guy. things just progressed into verbal fistacuffs.

Back