Instrumental Melodic Guitar Rock Song "Muse"

eyema_believer

Bondservant
Hello Everyone,

It's been a while!
Here's my attempt at an instrumental. CLICKY HERE
Please feel free to comment on the mix, as well as any ideas for additional instruments that could be used to sweeten the arrangement. I still have some drum programming to do on this... just some simple stuff like a few stratigically placed cymbal hits and so on.

Peace!!

~Shawn

Is that a strat I hear? I like the tone! Sounds a lot like the tone Jeff Beck gets on his stuff. You have a pretty decent mix going on. There is "something" going on in the background (foldback? or maybe some light keys?) You could consider some really cool keyboards pumping out in the background, a la Blow by Blow....
Around 2:10 you really get smokin' (although the whole piece is impressive)...

Is that a strat I hear? I like the tone! Sounds a lot like the tone Jeff Beck gets on his stuff. You have a pretty decent mix going on. There is "something" going on in the background (foldback? or maybe some light keys?) You could consider some really cool keyboards pumping out in the background, a la Blow by Blow....
Around 2:10 you really get smokin' (although the whole piece is impressive)...

Thanks Ido! That's my home-made Telecaster on this tune. That "something" going on in the background is synth strings. They're a little washed out from the mp3 conversion, but they really are low... thanks for the suggestion. I have never heard "Blow by Blow," so not sure what the keys sound like on that. I'll "youtube" it and see if I can find it.

Peace!

~Shawn

:)Really impressive!

A great big pro sound. The reverb / delay combo on the lead gives it a huge sound and your technique is really over-the-top spot on.:)

I thought the "something" in the background was well placed and added just the right amount of a backdrop for those sections.

The bass pulses along nicely - keeping the thing moving, and it pops forward here and there in a pleasing way.

The drums...well...they give it the straight-ahead rocker beat I think you're going for, and I know you mention more programming, but I think the rest of the track definitely deserves a better drum part. The big '80's snare sound didn't do it for me, but maybe it is just what is needed...I dunno. Again, very impressive work.

Wow, I really dig this tune. I regret that we aren't neighbors. I would really enjoy working with a guitarist who has the approach that you do.

If you wanted, as an experiment, to allow me to try an acoustic drum track for this. That would be fun for me. You can PM me if you are interested in such a collaboration.

Here are two samples of my drumming and recording:

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=6929267&q=hi
http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=6929273&q=hi

I also have a finished rhythm track that I think you could really shine on. I was planning vocals but I don't think that's going to happen.

Cool cool tune, (yours). The recording is excellent too.

ac

:)Really impressive!

A great big pro sound. The reverb / delay combo on the lead gives it a huge sound and your technique is really over-the-top spot on.:)

I thought the "something" in the background was well placed and added just the right amount of a backdrop for those sections.

The bass pulses along nicely - keeping the thing moving, and it pops forward here and there in a pleasing way.

The drums...well...they give it the straight-ahead rocker beat I think you're going for, and I know you mention more programming, but I think the rest of the track definitely deserves a better drum part. The big '80's snare sound didn't do it for me, but maybe it is just what is needed...I dunno. Again, very impressive work.

Thanks for the kind words, Heatmiser, I really appreciate it. And, from the looks of it, I might just be getting some sweet acoustic drum tracks from acattoir..... yay!!! Peace on you, bro!

.....................................................:)

....................................:D

PLEASE don't utub Blow By Blow! Find somewhere to get a reasonable mp3 or better. Your tone is a little similar to jeff's. Jan Hammer put in the big keys I think.
Jeff wanted to sound like a keyboard & jan like a guitar - should've swapped instruments.
Wired or even Jeff Beck Live with jan hammer will give you a sample of THAT tone.
Real drums are a must - to keep the organic guitar in context.
Oh, nicely played.
Oh, Oh, nice that you didn't go into metal light overload shred mode. You were/are in the zone matey!

Love the guitar, not a fan of the drums. I'd like to see them a little busier, and less reverb on the snare.

But the guitar is wonderful!

Thanks for the listen Seafroggys... glad you like the geetar.... seems we're working on drums!

PLEASE don't utub Blow By Blow! Find somewhere to get a reasonable mp3 or better. Your tone is a little similar to jeff's. Jan Hammer put in the big keys I think.
Jeff wanted to sound like a keyboard & jan like a guitar - should've swapped instruments.
Wired or even Jeff Beck Live with jan hammer will give you a sample of THAT tone.
Real drums are a must - to keep the organic guitar in context.
Oh, nicely played.
Oh, Oh, nice that you didn't go into metal light overload shred mode. You were/are in the zone matey!

Hey Rayc! Too late... I already youtubed Blow by Blow. My favorite guitar work by Jeff Beck is on a song by Rod Stewart and was popular here in the early 80s called "Infatuation." Nice funky pop song.
Thanks for the listen and the kind words, Mr Rayc! And, I promise to stay out of the "metal light overload shred mode." ;)

Back