In the meantime...check this out

W.I.S.C.

10lbs.of sh*t in 5lb.BAG
I see the five star bandit is back,...well...better than the one star bandit.Anyway,here's a tune I threw together a little while back.Just a short little tune I rattled off one day,with little idea of where I was gonna go musically and no idea where I was goin vocally.

Sinew In You

Something to keep me busy until MBuster gets back from his honeymoon (sigh).My challenge partner is being taken by woman...oh whoa is me.

Interesting tune. The vox remind me somewhat of Helmet. I like the writing, i'd like to hear the fx vox up just a shade. in fact all vox i think could come up a shade.

hey it's pretty short, but that can equal "short but sweet" by M.O.D.

I see that every thread in the Cave has been one starred as well.

What the hell is going on?

Cool tune.........I think the guitars should be stronger and maybe a little less compressed.........sounded a little bit thin overall but the rest sounded good and i like the song.

I'll give you 5 if we don't get onto another discussion of the star system. :D

Hey man,
..Hey this was cool. I like the production ideas on the vocs (going to whisper) ...cool! Your vocs sound like they are getting more and more solid w/ each new tune you put up. ...dug the tune too. Cool one here man!!!!
g

W.I.S.C. said:
I see the five star bandit is back,...well...better than the one star bandit.Anyway,here's a tune I threw together a little while back.Just a short little tune I rattled off one day,with little idea of where I was gonna go musically and no idea where I was goin vocally.

Sinew In You

Something to keep me busy until MBuster gets back from his honeymoon (sigh).My challenge partner is being taken by woman...oh whoa is me.

very cool. are those real drums?

vocals sound paul stanley-esque...

You crack me up man :) I like the little dressings you put on the entree`s. Always something cool as hell, like the beginning of this one. This mix sounds wide and full but like Lt said it could be a lil mo fat. I like them drums a lil hotter but they sound real good man.

WISCY
I thought the song was cool (although short! :) ). Listening again. Cool start.

Everything sounded a little under a blanket. This song needs to kick a little more. The snare sounded pretty bad to me. Thuddy not in a good way. All the drums need to come alive. The drum part was really cool!

Oooh, the song started again. I can't type faster than 1:20 I guess! ;) :D

The vocs need to be a little stronger as well.

I don't listen to this type of music much but I enjoyed it so that tells me you have a good thing here. I'd love to hear everything a little clearer.

Nice work!

Wow. Just tossed this one off, huh? I couldn't have done this. I've got no idea how you did this.

Question: the whispered vox sound really close up, and the main vox sound far more distant and sunk down in the mix. Yet neither is easy to understand in terms of the lyrics. Was that intentional? For me, the human voice is central to the mix, and so I want to be able to make out what words are being sung. I want to know what you're singing about in this song, but six listens don't reveal it.

Bring up the drums 1-2 dB? Then the obscure lyrics would seem less intentionally shy. :)

Really nicely arranged, and... I don't know how to say this in a way that doesn't sound naff... but the sounds in this one sound good. The textures are pleasant to listen to. I can't make out the words, and I think the drums should be louder, but it all *sounds* good.

I enjoyed all 81 seconds! Especially the whispers, the "what was I thinking", and the "huh!" at the end.

Something weird about the drums though. The hi-hat sounded panned too far right. Not much cymbal stuff happening in the left to give it a balanced sound. And there was some kind of breathing or pumping sound to them. Overcompressed? Phase issues? I don't know, but something.

Guitars and vocals sounded great. Great writing too. Even though I love metal, I find most of it boring (I guess I get bored easily). This was exciting all the way through, and probably would have been even if it were 3-4 minutes.

Thank You All!!!

Lyrics:

All the safety we feel in our saints
Is smoke and broken mirrors
It's quite common to bend to the will
Of the true self-decieved
Blame it on the events of the past
Now awakening fears
Die regretfull and full of yourselves
As you wait for the seers

Do what you must
Die in the dirt and the rot and the dust
Speak before thinking
Weaken the trust
Coming apart at the crumbling crust
What were you thinking
Raised into hell
It's a wonder I ever came out of my shell
Trying hardest to not kill myself
Woulda been worse if I didn't have help
What was I thinking
I watched you die,but your still alive...(2X's)

Khompy-Thanx dude.I like Helmet...giving and recieving ;)

Lt.Bob-Glad you could dig it...vox up? OKAY!

Guernica- Thanx for noticing!You rock!

Colinear-Yep,programmed in Fruity Loops.Hate KISS,but love the compliment.:cool:

Toki987-From a great movie...Fifth Element.About the drums...I fear making them too hot cuz they sound fake enough as it is.When I get some better drum samples I'll put plenty of beef in 'em.Thanx for the listen.

Skids-Duley noted...:D

dobro-(see above lyrics) and thanx...!

fprod-Most likely over compressed,I still am getting to know most of the software I use.This tune was actually finished a while ago,I just was saving it for a dry spell and since Mbuster was away I posted it in the meantime...Thanx for your input .I'll do a remix someday,soon.

It's almost unamimous - cool song. Liked the break in the middle. Strong melody line. Good supporting harmonies.

The vocals seem to lack just a little bit of presence. There's a little "muffledness" to them. Not sure if you can fix that with a small EQ boost or not.

Good one... Trip.

Wreckless hard rock, I love this shit, keep it coming!
The hi-hat is cutting through the mix a bit too much on my system.

Pretty cool for an old guy.

Oh...I was talking about me. Cool for ME to be able to listen.
Nobody's mentioned it, and I'm on headphones AND deaf, but It sounds to me like the whole mix is ducking a lot during the first half...like, a lot... the cymbals sound like they're being hit and then thrown underwater.

Majority rules, though...this is cool.

Back