Im bored to death!

The 312b Im digging it more and more even if i do have a half bad channel strip.
Been sitting here thinking about building a console for the board and recorder.
My weekends will be void of things to do in about 3 weeks so I hope to start on it then.

And my reply to Billy with the band I know what its like to make huge investments in a band and then have alot of them treat you like shit.
After playing for 34 years it seems like there is always 1 or 2 people that are just that way. I think its their mother,s fault:D It took me along time to try and not bring my self down to their level and open my big mouth and in the long run it only cost me friends that didnt see the bullshit that was around them and could only see how great players they where or whatever it was they saw.
I dont play live anymore except once in a great while when a freind is in need of a drummer to sit in cause of my health, Mainly hearing and carpultunnel but I seemed to of learned that just try and put on a smile, wish them good luck and say good bye.
As hard as that is to do you will be the winner of that mess
allround.

Good luck Bin there, done that

Cool.

I'm glad to hear you're having a good time with the 312.
Are the channels on those type of boards like where you can pop them out and easily replace them?
For the price you grabed it at I'd settle for a funny channel no problem. :) I recently saw an M30 for $250!!!!! (That's crazy!)

I'm really glad I had the avenue of this forum to put my band situation to you guys...It's been very very helpful.
(Here I am today with no one calling after everyone agreed on Monday practice...I'm done.)

:)

No you cant change the 312 out like that , Well you can change it but its like a major deal that I dont even want to get into.
I cant believe how heavy and big this thing is for a 12 channel board.
I do miss playing on a regular basis once in a while but after I go fill in for someone which has only been 3 times in the last 3 years
it puts thing back in to perspective and those feeling of wanting to go do it every weekend goes away for a long time.
It does take a little getting use to sitting at home on friday and saturday nights though.

And when did anyone see more than 100 post on one thread on the analog board. Like Reel would say Ha!

Oh hey that's right!

Congrats on the only 100+ Reply thread (Ed Macman* should be at your door any minute with a jumbo novelty check, balloons and a camera crew :) )

I've been amazed at the lack of member traffic through this section of the bbs....It's still just 1 page!)

Thembones said:
Since this is a hijacked thread, a quick hello from a newbie on this board.

To answer the orignal question, I use a Deltalabs ADM256 and a Ibenez HD1000. Oh and a Fender Champ and a SM57 set up in the bathroom. :-D

djw

Howdy, Thembones!

Just a wild hunch here but, are you the infamous Riversidedave88 from the old TASCAM Portastudio forum??

That was a SERIOUS echo chamber (And a nice studio) Outlaws linked a few post's back.

AND

Pool Party at Reels house- Woo Hoo!!!

I wanted to record there but they charge a bit too much for the time being. I am saving up though.

They said they do some of the voices for King of the Hill at that studio.

are you the infamous Riversidedave88

Nope, that not be me. This is the first music bbs I've posted to. Originally I was looking for information on DAW. But thanks to you guys, I'll just keep pluggin along on my Series 3 and Dokoder 7140.
Most of my buddies have gone the Cakewalk route and we've been passing around MP3s on stuff we're working on. Once or twice a year we all get together for the "Geriatric Jam and BBQ". Lotsa fun and the kids have a blast playing percussion or just seeing the ol' man work out the strat. Well the teenagers are "Totally Embarrassed" DAD! :rolleyes:

djw

A Dokorder 7140!!!!

Man, that was the first four track reel to reel that I ever owned back in 1977 and even then, it was 5 or 6 years old and second hand from a pawn shop.

I can't believe you have one of those and that yours actually works!

Ahh, memories......:D

About the pool pictures;

Very nice, ARP! I am impressed and now must remember to bring along the bathing trunks when I come an visit your TASCAM museum and gift shop!!

I only have a pool when it rains real hard and the big pot holes in the road become olympic sized pits of death! lol

Cheers! :)

ARP,

Is that a boat mast behind the trees, or a Ham 10/30 meter antenna?

Ghost,
The DK works just fine, a belt every so offen is all it requires.

djw

I'd personally like to see, ARP having Revel model kits of all the classic recorders and mixers available in the gift shop!

When I get a little older, stone deaf and retired, I can sit around the old folks home making a 24:1 scale model of an MS-16 with all the extras and paint it up with Testers paint and display it next to the dentures in a glass on top of the TV set at the old folks home!

When's the Grand Opening?

Cheers! :D

THAT'S a million dollar idea Ghost!
(Ok, well a hundred thousand at least.)

I want the Phil Spector playset!

Last edited:
Ah yes. Come one, come all. Analog lives here!

My neighbor's a ham.

Anyway, sadly, the back yard and pool are in a delapidated mess, due mostly to mother nature & secondarily to financial issues.

See, over a year ago, the trees were infested with a beetle, and I was losing trees, branches, twigs, and tons of tree-stuff was falling in the pool, becoming unmanageable sludge! Anyway, the hard decision was made to take out all the trees, front & back, off my property. Man, that was hard, but they were in terrible condition, and getting worse, and they were huge. Probably too much to spray, etc. Anyway, with the tree removal, which came out efficiently, the sprinkler system was trashed during the process, [so say bye-bye to the grass in the rest of the yard]. Anyway, since then, and the electricity crunch in California, I simply can't afford to run the pool year round, enough to even get it clear. When I think of electric bills being so sky-high, you'd cringe, pool adds ~+$150/mo [minimum] to my power bill, and the chlorine cost me ~$150, minimum, just to get it clear in the summer,... plus repeat applications. If I'm looking at wanting blue water all year round, I'm looking at a +$250/mo boost to the price tag on upkeep cost. It's like, if I take one dive in the mid-summer, it's cost me ~$2500. I know, it's sad,... and really SOLAR is in my distant future, but for now, we'll just struggle along, budget down and renovate the yard by weekly manual labor. The pool, honestly, I've almost given up on it. It's too expensive! I've been running it the minimum, and it's also shut off for months at time, and I still can't afford it! I barely got the water clear in August, and the kids swam but I didn't, but it cost me maybe $200 to get the water clear, and I never even got all the sludge off the bottom,... and guess what,... this week it's opaque green again! Aargh! I'm sinking, financially, under that POOL! I've been thinking about draining it and using it for skateboarding. But, really, I'm trying to struggle along with the issue of the yard and pool,... not to mention the condition of the house. Oh, yikes, sorry for the rant. We all have shit to deal with.

Hey Reel, I know what you mean about the house. And yard. I just bought this house and yesterday, I discovered termites:eek: TONS. And thats after cleaning out a carpenter ant nest. ARRGGGGGGRRRRRRRRR:mad: Isn't home ownership grand:D
And about the California energy thing. FUCK CALIFORNIA. I'm outta there. For good.

And Herm, sorry for bla bla on other subjects other than your thread. I can relate to the music thing though. I climbed onstage last year with old friends, and the same ole stress's that I didn't know were stress's came back. Immedietly. Love to play, but not on stage any more. But I promised to start showing some stuff from the console I built for my ex 312b's. It's out in the garage torn down right now, but I'll be assembling it soon. These were autocad files converted to jpeg, so they suck here. And there were 12 full size sheets actually. This is only a couple of sections. Here is a vertical section. I can only post one drawing per reply though. Here it is. I hope it's not to big of file.

DAMN, didn't work. TOO BIG> well, I'll try and crop them or something.
sorry, I'll be back.

fitZ

Herm,

If you're headed down to Deltronics today don't forget there's gonna be Cub's game traffic (3:05pm start I think) from like 1pm on.

I'm Bored and feel near death!

Out of no where a few years back I suddenly began to the most fucked up shooting pains in my face... At first the doctors believed it was a sinus infection..(Sounded good to me, little antibiotic and I'd be good to go...No such luck!) Then the Doctors decided it must be dental related, so I went and had my wisdom teeth yanked...No dice. The condition became worse to the point of a flash of white hot pain that would knock my fool ass right out and off my feet. It turned out to be nerve damage and I had to get some injections to actually kill the nerve endings in an almost hit or miss fashion.

Well Well Well...
Guess what started Saturday afternoon again, but BIG time?
Now it's the side of my face and my ear. Imagine a constant tooth ache just as the base of the pain, then bursts of what feels like a badass jolt of electricty (Which it is I suppose) and a punch in the head. The pain is incredible!! The whole left side of my body like shuts down and my vision is like a quick white out, then I can't focus my vision.
You know what they told me at the ER?
"Sounds like a sinus infection." I ALMOST lost my mind and the jagoff Doctor didn't want to hear that I had been down this route, he tried to prescribe regular asprins when I've been taking Vicodin since it started!

Why am I telling you guys? I don't know, I think 'cus its 4 am and I haven't slept in two days and it feels like someone is fucking my soul with an ice pick.

The pain is inducing insanity! LOL

Billy,

Shit! I am really bummed to hear you are going through such a painful and mysterious medical problem. I feel for you and hope you can hook up with a doctor who has a better clue then the first few who haven't nailed down the problem yet.

I am not a doctor and I feel kind of helpless here. Shit! This sucks, large!:(

Maybe try posting your symptoms on some medical sites??

Hang in there, man.

With pain as bad as you describe, you should be in a hospital where they can manage it and have a neurologist examine you for a better diagnosis.

Back