I'm back! Back in the New York Groove! - have a listen please

I've always liked this tune. I remember the original. You did it proper justice ... perhaps better. I think your vocal performance just sounds improved over the original.

The guitars are too bright ... slightly so. You don't want to lose the edge, only the bite.

Once that's tamed, the low end will sound clearer/cleaner, as high end is distracting and commands our immediate attention -- so we can't concentrate as well on the other stuff going on ... because the high end sheen screen gets in the way.

Nice job on this, though.

Best,

Kev-

Cool. Thanks for the input. I haven't had a chance to mess with it since i posted it, but I'll mess with it more today.

Good one Greg - I'm like Rami - I haven't heard the original on this so its like listening for the first time. The mix is great, no probs. I'm not a big fan of the claps because it makes it sound a bit "crispy" for me. But that's not a mix issue more of personal preference arrangement wise by the original writer. Other than that the drums. guitar bass and vocals are great. Playing is tight as always!

Good one Greg - I'm like Rami - I haven't heard the original on this so its like listening for the first time. The mix is great, no probs. I'm not a big fan of the claps because it makes it sound a bit "crispy" for me. But that's not a mix issue more of personal preference arrangement wise by the original writer. Other than that the drums. guitar bass and vocals are great. Playing is tight as always!

Thanks a lot Ido. :)

Back