If you were to learn to play drums all over again

This is typical elitist bullshit from the drum snob crowd. Not every drummer wants or needs to wank rudiments all over the place.

You say "it just pounds and drives ahead" like it's a bad thing. :rolleyes:

I can't wait till this stupid old-school-masters mentality dies off.

I finally realized that you are a complete horses ass and people should stop listening to you, I know I will.

You are the champion of mediocrity, encouraging the stupider younger musicians to abandon the study of skills in favor of being mechanical chimpanzee drummers. If a drummer shows any knowledge or skill, you dismiss them as insignificant.

You are insignificant and I'm done with you.

I finally realized that you are a complete horses ass and people should stop listening to you, I know I will.

You are the champion of mediocrity, encouraging the stupider younger musicians to abandon the study of skills in favor of being mechanical chimpanzee drummers. If a drummer shows any knowledge or skill, you dismiss them as insignificant.

You are insignificant and I'm done with you.

Lol @ being done with me. I had no idea you previously clung to my words so desperately. Get a grip, loser. :rolleyes:

In any case, you are the epitome of what makes music suck. The old, stodgy, stuck in the classic rock mentality of delicate brush work and soft-tapping drum wankery. People like you take the joy out of drumming. It's a fun, primal experience. You don't have to be a freaking physics major to have fun and do it well. Not everything has to be a rudiment exercise. Just because some dude doesn't dribble ratamacues all over the place doesn't mean it's not worth listening to. Wake up, fuckface.

Lol @ being done with me. I had no idea you previously clung to my words so desperately. Get a grip, loser. :rolleyes:

In any case, you are the epitome of what makes music suck. The old, stodgy, stuck in the classic rock mentality of delicate brush work and soft-tapping drum wankery. People like you take the joy out of drumming. It's a fun, primal experience. You don't have to be a freaking physics major to have fun and do it well. Not everything has to be a rudiment exercise. Just because some dude doesn't dribble ratamacues all over the place doesn't mean it's not worth listening to. Wake up, fuckface.

You get beat up a lot don't you, you little geek?!

Hey Rimjob, it's a new year, let's start over:

My name is Greg. I like fishing, racing cars, and playing several instruments with my favorite being the drums. I'm of the opinion that it's not necessary to be a music major to play any instrument, play it well, and have fun with it. I believe that the best music - of any genre - occurs when the participants play within the music and project a feeling of fun and energy. It can be Phil Rudd just holding down a beat, Neil Peart doing math homework on his kit, or Keith Moon going spastic. It's all good in it's place. I don't believe in cramming as much musical expertise into a song as humanly possible. I also don't believe that any kind of expertise is required to make good music. Technical skill should never be employed over feel and emotion. I think it's pretty obvious that many technically minded drummers have some kind of inferiority complex and maybe wish they were more front-and-center like a lead guitarist or singer. This can lead to overplaying and generally fucking up the whole feel of the song. Unless of course you're playing some tired old jazz or soft adult rock where there's nothing loud happening anyway. I just get the impression that you want to insert Steve Gadd into any scenario and pretend that it would be better. It wouldn't. Just like Marky Ramone doesn't belong playing with Dave Matthews.

I'm a bit more impressed with musicianship......

like this:
[video=youtube;e6T6AQ5yXqc&feature=fvw]video[/video]

Does Beck use a pick? Cuz he shreds solos (like the one on the rock hall of fame concert on hbo) and I'm really impressed if he doesnt.

I'm pretty sure it's a typo. Never heard of a 9th note.

Yeah.

The top number in a time signature (if it's written in text like A/B, then the A) tells you how many beats per measure, whereas the bottom number (the B, in the earlier example) is what note gets a beat.

So, 4/4 means there are four notes per measure and a quarter note gets a beat, 7/8 would mean that there are seven beats per measure, and each beat is an 8th note, and 13/8 would mean there are 13 notes per measure, and each note is an 8th note.

Actually counting it, I usually subdivide based on what I'm playing, so if I'm riffing in 13/8, I might mentally "hear" that measure as three parts where there are three eight notes, and then one last part where there are four - you could notate it as three measures of 3/8 and then one of 4/8, but that would be a pain in the ass to notate, so 13/8 is cleaner (and still correct, which is nice. :D)

This is typical elitist bullshit from the drum snob crowd. Not every drummer wants or needs to wank rudiments all over the place.

You say "it just pounds and drives ahead" like it's a bad thing. :rolleyes:

I can't wait till this stupid old-school-masters mentality dies off.

Old school rules!!!

Lol. I dominated this motherfucking thread.

I didn't read the thread...who'd you run off now?
roflmao.gif

Back