If It Wasn't For Everything...

I think it's outstanding. I always look forward to hearing new songs from you and this one certainly didn't disappoint! The mix sounds really great to my ears - everything is clear and in it's own space, everything is nicely balanced....excellent overall. Your songwriting, and especially your arranging, is bordering on genius :) The performances are top notch too, moving through all those transitions with tempos slowing down/speeding up into and out of them. Nice how the tempos, transitions, and musical styles fit the lyrical changes as you develop the theme of the song too. I really liked the slowed down bluesy part in the middle, very cool.

I wish that we lived in a world where this type of talent and effort would be universally appreciated and commercially successful, because you'd likely be a household name if so, but you are living in the wrong time, my friend :) I don't think that really matters though, because it's obvious that your are having fun making great music, and hopefully you are enjoying the end results...I know I am!!!

Very Best,

Dave DeWhitt
davedewhitt's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Do you have a more effective link to the song? Your homepage does not want to load the audio for me and I really want to hear this song because I like the title/theme. If I am judging it right, it is that sense that whatever can go wrong will.... I call it "opposition" my mom referred to it as "something always comes up." ... it's a good theme for a song.... "if it wasn't for everything, everything would be alright."

Anyway, I'm not going to spend an hour waiting for the page to load. I've got music to make and a nap to take. :-)

I think it's outstanding. I always look forward to hearing new songs from you and this one certainly didn't disappoint! The mix sounds really great to my ears - everything is clear and in it's own space, everything is nicely balanced....excellent overall. Your songwriting, and especially your arranging, is bordering on genius :) The performances are top notch too, moving through all those transitions with tempos slowing down/speeding up into and out of them. Nice how the tempos, transitions, and musical styles fit the lyrical changes as you develop the theme of the song too. I really liked the slowed down bluesy part in the middle, very cool.

I wish that we lived in a world where this type of talent and effort would be universally appreciated and commercially successful, because you'd likely be a household name if so, but you are living in the wrong time, my friend :) I don't think that really matters though, because it's obvious that your are having fun making great music, and hopefully you are enjoying the end results...I know I am!!!

Very Best,

Dave DeWhitt
davedewhitt's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Wow, Dave, thank you very much. That's as good a review as I could ever hope to get. I do try to have fun, that was the main reason I got into music in the first place (what other reason would there be?), but as everyone knows, it's sometimes not fun at all. So I really really appreciate what you've said, it's comments like yours that keep me going.

Thanks!!!

Do you have a more effective link to the song? Your homepage does not want to load the audio for me and I really want to hear this song because I like the title/theme. If I am judging it right, it is that sense that whatever can go wrong will.... I call it "opposition" my mom referred to it as "something always comes up." ... it's a good theme for a song.... "if it wasn't for everything, everything would be alright."

Anyway, I'm not going to spend an hour waiting for the page to load. I've got music to make and a nap to take. :-)

Talk about ironic!

Wonder why it doesn't load in? Chalk up technical stuff as stuff that is not particularly fun. When I get a chance, I'll post the song elsewhere (do you have some sort of flash blocker thing on, I suppose that might not let it load in.)

Talk about ironic!

Wonder why it doesn't load in? Chalk up technical stuff as stuff that is not particularly fun. When I get a chance, I'll post the song elsewhere (do you have some sort of flash blocker thing on, I suppose that might not let it load in.)

If it gets in my way, I've got it!

"If it wasn't for everything"

Very cool tune! Extremely Beatles sounding. (which is extremely cool!)
Great job capturing the vibe, and recording!!
Keep up the GREAT work!
Bill

Clam Soup-I put the song on Soundcloud, although I think that place messes up the sound somewhat.

If It Wasn't For Everything, Everything Would Be Alright

r4m-Thanks very much Bill!

jsebastiano-Love Lennon, thanks a lot for checking out the song.

Wow - this is a HUGE work! In 4 minutes you pulled out all of the stops, and threw in the kitchen sink. Pretty epic in scope with all of the different instrumentation... not to mention to tempo changes, and a fee-style backing vocal. Wow - involved.

About half way through I heard the violin being thrown around in the pan - that caught my ear - good timing on the bounce between the two sides.

John Lennon stylings and pitch.... the energy is huge too.

Thank You.

Really good. Agree, very Beatles but without sounding like a parody. Like the change in pace. Good sounds, mix sounds well balanced. Great work.

Back