Ibanez TS- Tubescreamer Vs Boss SO-1

Locking Nut

Which do you guys think is best/prefer out of the TS-9 tubescreamer and the Boss superoverdrive?

I already have a distortion pedal so I want just a nice overdrive pedal to go with it or to go infront of my amps distortion to give a solo boost/tone enhancer. And to give a clean boost when I have the distortion off.

The OS-1 is half the price so I am tempted to go with that but if the Tubescreamer is as good as it's supposed to be I may splash out the extra dosh for that instead.

I have a Marshall AVT btw.

tube screamers have a mid-range hump that I loathe....however, it is the most cloned pedal of all time, and a visit to musictoyz.com should introduce you to some nice alternatives.

Also, check out www.robertkeeley.com. I cannot recommend his work more.

The reason I've chosen these two pedals is because there is only one shop round here that sells much of a selection of pedals and they have nearly all boss with the odd one of something else. They have these 2, and they are very popular so that's why I got it down to these. There may be many alternatives, some may be much better, but if I can't play one first I don't wanna take the risk.

p.s. The AVT is a hybrid amp, valve pre-amp and SS power amp.

I've bought the SD-1 for £40.

When you use these Boss pedals do you have to use the Boss adapters or can you use another? I know if you don't use the Boss one and sommat goes wrong your warranty is no good but is it just a recommendation to use theirs?

Back