I Want!!!!!!!!!!!! ((CLUB BANGA)) - Drop Links.

Timothy Lawler said:
Can somebody tell me what "drop links" means? I'm not being sarcastic.

Tim

I think he means you should post links to your music so he can stroke your ego the way he wants his stroked.......I think........

metalhead28 said:
I think he means you should post links to your music so he can stroke your ego the way he wants his stroked.......I think........
What...is someone doing some strokin in here...???? :D

I'm not a he...idiots.

Anyways..drop links means..if you leave feedback on my track..leave the link to your thread..so I can leave feedback also..

I Want ((CLUB BANGA)) - Listened to it but don't understand the musical setting or use of this... is this a backing for something else to be added later? Despite the sarcasm heaped on by my cohorts earlier, I'm not being sarcastic... I'm interested in the music's use and context to try to understand it. Can you help me out?

Clap Ya Hands - Very well done. Good arrangement, performance and vox recording. It is, as Nutdotnet mentioned, needing a little more bass emphasis IMO. Are you the engineer/producer on this?... I mean can you make changes in EQ, compression and the like? Asking because of the comment that you got the track from someone else... just trying to understand the context of the situation and what kind of comments will relate.

Just Havin' Fun - another good one. I'm assuming this is you singing... good voice and performance as on the last. Well recorded and mixed. Bass is stronger here.

As far as trading links for feedback, here's my recent solo, but it’s easy to find on the forum page also:
http://www.homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=164777

Tim

((Kay)) said:
I'm not a he...idiots...

If you want us to be aware of your gender, please attach a photograph of your breasts. This way, confusion can be avoided. Just kidding.

Both tracks sound proffessional and well arranged. Nice work. Clap ya hands is obviously the more complete arrangement. For now I like it better, but that is likely because I Want is without a vocal component. I think vocal is paramount to this style of music - please let us hear when these songs are complete.

Out of curiosity, are you programming all the keyboards or recording performances?

-Casey

If you want us to be aware of your gender, please attach a photograph of your breasts.
Watch it buddy... I got the impression she's kinda young... I'd suspect the board here is monitored by law enforcement and they're coming for you right now.
:eek: :eek: :D :D :eek:

Tim

Timothy Lawler said:
Watch it buddy... I got the impression she's kinda young... I'd suspect the board here is monitored by law enforcement and they're coming for you right now.
:eek: :eek: :D :D :eek:

Tim
Won't happen...he used Creep in his screen name. I hear they would rather go after more sofisticated types, with easier names to deal with...Tim... :D

Dogman said:
Won't happen...he used Creep in his screen name. I hear they would rather go after more sofisticated types, with easier names to deal with...Tim... :D
... :eek: ... :eek: ... :eek:

Am I the only one who has no idea whatsoever what the point of this thread is? She asks for comments on an instrumental track that is hard to understand with no context in the first place...and goes on to reveal that she has no involvement in the production of the "beats".... :confused:
I am seriously just confused by this thread. What are you looking for besides dropped links?

metalhead28 said:
Am I the only one who has no idea whatsoever what the point of this thread is? She asks for comments on an instrumental track that is hard to understand with no context in the first place...and goes on to reveal that she has no involvement in the production of the "beats".... :confused:
I am seriously just confused by this thread. What are you looking for besides dropped links?

Your 29, so I wouldn't think you'd be that slow. I rap and I produce. I asked for feedback on the instrumental entitled "I Want" which I produced. An instrumental doesn't have vocals. Some people went ahead and commented on a track (meaning beat and vocals, slow man lol) that I did with this guy. I hope that clears up your confusion, because really it is not that difficult to comprehend.

Well, if you notice by the amount of time this thread has been up and the lack of responses, he's not the only one to NOT get why you posted. Someone asked you about a track and you said you had nothing to do with it. Believe me, he might be the only one to actually admit he's confused about why you posted, but he's not alone...I stopped giving a crap sometime last week.

Kay, there are some pretty skilled recordists in the forum who could possibly offer worthwhile input on the music if things were a bit more clearly stated. Many of us are from widely different musical genres that use very different slang and terminology so it's something we all try to do... to find a middle ground verbally so we can understand what each is saying. This place can be edgy/rude too but that tends to fall away when a real discussion gets going.

Tim

RAMI said:
Well, if you notice by the amount of time this thread has been up and the lack of responses, he's not the only one to NOT get why you posted. Someone asked you about a track and you said you had nothing to do with it. Believe me, he might be the only one to actually admit he's confused about why you posted, but he's not alone...I stopped giving a crap sometime last week.

You guys clearly don't read my posts. I said I had no hand in the production (instrumental) on the "Clap Your Hands" track. The only thing I did was write, perform and mix MY vocals (the 4 bars of rapping in the track).

Edit: But thats besides the point. This thread was asking for opinions on the instrumental (beat) I made entitled "I Want".

((Kay)) said:
This thread was asking for opinions on the instrumental (beat) I made entitled "I Want".

First let me apologize for being sarcastic and unhelpful. I am glad you posted here and I don't want you to leave with the impression we're all a bunch of assholes. Keep the stuff coming and we'll gradually learn enough about it to make educated comments about it's quality.

The recording itself seems of a good quality. I don't hear excessive noise or obvious editing happening.

As for the instrumental -

It's a very nice beat. Very complex and neato. It has zero dynamics because it is a FRICKIN' DRUM MACHINE. As far as programmed beats go, I guess I'd have to say it's really good. I haven't heard a beat exactly like it so I guess it's original. I don't know shit about hip hop so if that sounds like bullshit then that's probably what it is. Go make a rap in alternating 6/8 and 7/8 time and you'll impress me.

Maybe if you were specific in what kind of responses you are looking for you'll be less dissatisfied with the answers you're getting.

-Casey

I think it was all about "listen to what I do" as opposed to "how can I improve this"..the "drop links" crap was all about "tell me how awesome I am and I'll pretend that I think the same about you". So basically, you have someone that didn't play ANYTHING on a recording, calling it their own, even though it's all programmed beats, loops and samples, coming to a site that is frequented by MUSICIANS...expecting to impress people...Sorry, I don't apologise for being an asshole in this case.

Back