I realy am a homerecer

wow

i realy like this fed, your wife has a beutiful voice and you have a great voice and you two click very well together in the harmonies on this song.your kidding about the one take thing wright? i am feeling very good after listening to this song, it realy leaves you feeling good and inlightened. the piano and guitar realy sound great together. the only thing i notice on the mix and dont change this because i say because my ears are horrible and i only have like 20 percent hearing in one ear because of a high diving accident, i would raise the vox up a little and maybe and this is just my opinion double track the guitar and turn the panning to the magic spot on both left and right. but i realy cant say anything negative you guys are wonderful musicians. this song almost makes me wanna repropose to my wife of 10 years. thanks for sharing this with us and looking forward to hearing more, thanks tim pate. p.s. as to getting your wife more interested in recording just tell her that we all love her voice and would love to hear some more.

BEEYOUTEEFULL!!!!!!!

this is such a heart felt song, i love this , ya'll really poured it out on this one!!!!!!jeesh, my wife would melt. i gotta let her hear this one.

thank you

peace

rick

its nice!

your wife is a real singer! her voice really cuts through and is nuanced and nicely pitched.

this is one of the nicest vocal performances ive heard in a long time.

tell her that she should not deprive us all of the wonderful voice!

nice!!!

did i say nice?

what i really mean is

nice!!!

:)

very good song..your voices compliment each other nicely...i wish i had "vibrato" in my voice like that....dang..this mix is nicely done as well...i like the double vocal around 4:00 too ....i dont however think this sounds like country to me anyway...

nice job
jamal

Wedding Song

Hey Fed,

Very competent adult contemporary, especially if that's not what you usually do. The production quality sounds great on my admittedly poor speakers... Your voices are very unique and polished.

On that last note, I think reading the other posts before I listened was a bit of a mistake. I got caught up in accent detection. It was noticeable but definitely not something to avoid. It gives the song (and your act, I presume) a distinct timbre that makes you unmistakable.

Well done.

Miles Maxwell

Real nice fed!
Your wifes voice is just beautiful.

Must really be fun for you guys performing together.

I liked the songwriting,very heartfelt.
And the mix was good.

Just one thing.
Please don't make us wait 3 months for more,tell your wife her fans are anxiously waiting!:D

Really great.

Best to both you guys,
Pete

Hey Fed,
instruments are very nicely tracked and mixed. I need that "touch"......

I thought the vocals could be a bit more intimate. The mix is right, maybe it is the mic. I can hear that the female vox is close to the mic but, it still lacks in intimacy..

I shouldn't complain about things I can't help fixing......sorry:(

I must say that the mix has a subtle grace and balance I hope to achive some day.

Peace,

Theron.

you guys are spoiling me... thanks for all kind words... there got to be something wrong with this recording... :) they are never perfect... :D

watyf,
thanks for the listen man and stop getting into silly arguments...

flash2ace,
this is so funny dude, I did not expect those comments from metal band guy, that's just great, I shouldn't judge by appearance. I was not kidding about one take... :) thanks, and glad it made you feel good...

fenderlikingood, as usual you are "short and sweet", man :)
let me know if your wife likes it.

jeap, dude how are you, NICE to see you.. :) thanks for the compliments

jamal buchet, whos vibrato are you referring to? actualy I think singers work hard to learn to control their vibrato... it's hard stuff... I don't think it's country ether :) ... just couldn't find better category ....

milesmaxwell,
thank you for the compliments, not sure what "adult contemporary" means I guess it's a category rather then style or no...? We are not realy formal act ... just married :D

muzeman,
thanks man, I actualy enjoy very much singing and playing with my wife, even after doing for years now I realy enjoy her musicianship and talant... and she makes me sound good :D

theron,
i agree on the vocal, like I said before, I don't like that 2003 on her voice but I didn't realy have time to play with the placement ether. Please complain about anything... well mix/song related :D your comments are appriciated. I don't think this would be hard to mix for anyone... there is not that much going on here... just set the levels and a little EQ and reverb ... but I appriciate the compliment...

againg thanks everyone for very kind words and your time ...

for those playing this one to their wifes let me know how they liked it :D and if you .... well never mind... :D

cheers

Good song!

This is a real nice tune. Very well constructed. Your wife has a great voice! Amazing she did this in one take!

Mix wise this sounds good on my machine. At the beginning I had a little bit of trouble understanding the lyrics, but it is probably just on my end.

You also have a great voice. I like the vocal interplay at the end of the song as well.

Real nice job to both of you!

I try not to cry at weddings. If you would have played this at mine, it would have been kleenex time.

Beautiful song. The arrangement and harmonies are superb. Your wife has a voice bordering on great--and I think its IS great if she'd just allow a couple more takes. I really like that raspy thing she found for just a second--I want more of that! Your voice ain't too shabby either...very good.

I thought the drums were kinda weak. I couldn't really hear 'em too good.:D (inside joke)

The song transcends genres actually--could be country or pop even rock if it was produced that way. Had a 100% chill factor, which is what we used to call a song that could really cut right to the heart.

bodrj, thank you for the listen and the compliments....
you are right about low vocal in the begining... it realy was one take :)

crawdad, thanks man, have to admit I hoped you would chime in... and maybe do some pedal steel on this :)
ye the drums are a weak point on this one... maybe I should just add some cowbell. :D
I feel the same way "song transcends genres" that's a good way to put it and I'm going to use this one. :) Like that other, rock tune you heard... if you hear it with just a piano and accoustic it could be totaly different....

sorry everyone, I'm gonna milk this thread and respond to all posts becuase don't know when I'm going to post againg ... :D

Fed said:
[B
crawdad, thanks man, have to admit I hoped you would chime in... and maybe do some pedal steel on this :)
ye the drums are a weak point on this one... maybe I should just add some cowbell. :D [/B]

I will if you want me to. As for the cowbell, I think this is a gigantic opportunity to collaborate with chris harris. He's pretty much a MASTER of the instrument and has the track record to prove it!:D

Great song, great vocals, great message,great changes, great arrangement, great feel. I would LOVE to hear this done with an orchestra behind it! Your lady has a gift - and you, sir, are a lucky man! It's good to know that someone is making beautiful music for it's own sake. Thanks for sharing.

Bob

Hey Fed, Not to break the subject but, what part of upstate N.Y. are you? I was born about 70 miles south of Buffalo. It's cold up there in the winter but, sometimes down here in the summer I really miss the cold.

crawdad, thanks I will reserve that offer for the future, when and if we are in production mode ... :) ... I will give chris a ring... or is it a ding ... :D (look a word play, I'm getting bold with my english)

Buffalo Bob, you and me both man, orchestra is the ticket... :) ... at least a quartet would be nice... thanks for the compliments... I wish I could write arrangements I could at least simulate an orchestra ...

Flash, we are in Rochester, 70 miles east of Buffalo, and right now it's hot even in the basement ... whew :) ... one great thing about Florida was deep see fishing ... I only went once but I cought a see turtle... it was fun...

not reading any other posts...I'd bring up the female vocal a tad. I also hear some mic pops on her voice quite a bit...in the beginning...and a lot at the end too. The guitar and piano seem to sit right on top of each other...kinda artificially. If I close my eyes, I can't picture a "sound stage" because of that reason. Your voice cuts thru better...so maybe a crispier mic on her might even things out. Your voice has that Vince Gill quality I like a lot. Also, when singing together, I am hearing you guys standing in the same place. Some creative panning would help, I would think. Maybe keep the guitar more in mono, with a stereo reverb, and keep the piano stereo, with less reverb... Pan the voices as needed when together, and "maybe" down the center when solo. A nice stereo room reverb on the vocals that is more obvious..but a nice room might be nice too. Some lower notes on the piano might work also...just take the left hand down an octave maybe....personal preference I suppose. the instrument duet is nice...same with the vocals.

Nice sappy tune!!! no finger taps, hammer ons, whammy dives???:D

FED........YOU OLE SOFTIE............. I LOVE YOU MAN!!!!:D :D

.....im just kidding. Very nice songwriting.... I mean that! Tell your wife for me that she should indulge all of your desires.......( i mean recording related, of course) .....she has a beautiful voice.. and i gotta admit..... you kinda got me a bit choked up too...... :D very nice song man.
Very nice acoustic guits too. g

Heya Fed--Real nice tune.....Sounds like the acoustic is favored in the left and piano on the right? Maybe a little more extreme panning might clear a little more space for the vocals....Speaking of vocals-I couldnt pick out the words at all-especially right at the start-crank em up! Sounds like you both have GREAT voices! And a melody like this need to be heard! Then again maybe its me? The eq is flat on my player and through decent headphones....Anyway really well constructed and well performed and mixed song. And BTW-thank you for being such a great reviewer-I see you listen to everything! and usually have good comments. Nice to hear some music from you...well done.

Ok last bump ...

sorry everyone but mixmkr gets the prize ... good stuff mixmkr ... thanks ... I wasn't sure how to place the vocals well ... and all the other points were excelent also ... I am going to put a question about stereo piano in the mixing forum ... oh ye the keyboard wasn't 88key so that's why you don't hear the whole piano range.. good ears dude... and next time I pulling my "shredder" out :D ... I don't want you guys to think I'm a sissy ... :D "not that there is anything wrong with that" (line from Sinefield ) :D

Guernica
thanks, for the listen .. glad it grabbed you, man :) I guess that's the ultimate goal... so that's a good compliment ... (unless you were pulling my chain with that tissue :D )

Stratomaster,
the piano was stereo sample so there is more on one side because right hand playes more... I think :) guitar tracks were more or less equal but because of the piano one side stuck out a little. So in other words you were correct in your observation... :)
The vocals were a little inconsistent and hard to control throu the song ... it was one take deal so next time it will defenetly be addressed ... thanks for the compliments and the listen...

Great job Fed. Your voices were made for each other. The only other instrument I would even remotely consider putting in would be a suttle cello in a few places.

Great job man. And my hats off to your wife. Beautiful voice.
Bravo, bravo!

Blessings,
<><
George

Back