**I Quit(Resolution Blues)** new song

HevyD47Ca

I finally decided to try singing again.
I had that little brain bleed in august and this is the first thing I have sung since I guess about aug 15!
Still gonna be shakin off the rust for a while I think:D

I'm ready though. lay it on me especially in the vocal department.
I was inspired to write this after Ghost of FM let us in on his recent struggle.
We shall NOT mention that again however:D

Great song! Just kill some of the highs...I killed a couple dBs of high freq. and it was more pleasing on my ears. I really like it.

As always,some great playing.I think your voice fits your style
of playing well.Sounds like a cross between Robert Johnson
and Mick Jagger.(Thats a compliment)

HevyD, Great song to listen to at work! :D

Love the panned guitars, another southern-blues-dirty-stinkin'-bar-swamp-rocker, got me sold here. Love the lead guitar at 2:45, sounds like it's pissed off...cool.

Satisfaction. Good good music.

Taking it down like that at the 2 min mark is wonderful. In my mind, I can hear a kind of low 2-voice boogaloo harmony behind the guitar work as well.

Don't boost the highs so much, esp. on the voice. I like the highs on the solo guitar - it's over the top, but it fits that nasty guitar sound.

Good one. You sound like you've played bars all your life.

Rust? Where?!?!?! Sounds great to me, voice and of course the guitar playing (as usual). Really great energy here in the guitars and in the voice, which is awesome for a studio-recorded blues number! (usually I only listen to live blues, and don't really get into the studio blues stuff... but HevyD's got me feelin it and thinkin twice about quitting that thing I"m doin! :)

Brendan
www.pinkhumpy.com

I enjoyed this one, too. Especially after the last two peoples songs I downloaded (which I won't be commenting on, since I'm in one of those moods where I'll come off as a real prick, know what I mean?) Anyway, no mix comments from me, I just sat back and enjoyed. Nice.

Scinx-I did go back and take a little high off the vocal, thanks.
SHEPPARDB.-Robert J and Mick J, hmmm, I'll TAKE it:D
Greykitkat36-I record on a computer with a first generation Audigy soundcard basically.
lynx-Thanks foe noticing that second angry lead, thats exactly what I was going for, the alternating emotions you go thru when trying to quit something.
dobro-I spent a great portion of my life (every day of my 20's) in bars both playing and cavorting. Of course that was long ago now:D
Paco-Thanks man, it's GREAT to be back to singing again. I'm determined at this point in my life NOT to take anything for granted.
mbuster-I am the same way when it comes to reviewing at this point. If I really can't stand it I just say nothing:)

Hevy,Hevy,Hevy,Hevy,Hevy,Hevy..........Hevy, Hevy,Hevy,Hevy,Hevy.................Oh LAWD..............Hevy,Hevy,Hevy,Hevy.........................Ma'f#ckin' Hevy, Hevy,Hevy.............."wait a min>>>>>>>>>>'''''''''''<<<<<.................. SOLO @ 2:35 !!!!!......>>>>>>>>>" ----------- Oh Dawg, feelin' this!!!!!!!!

Hevy, Hevy,Hevy..............HEVYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! Is there anyway you can attend the 4TH ANN HR.COM JAM/RECORDING/BBQ/BEER FEST !!", Aug 13-15, Andover,Connecticut!!??
Don't say YES nor don't say NO !!! Just think about it!!! Transportation and accomodations(?) can be worked out to your advantadge!!!! Brutha', you straight-up MrQ/Mustafa Salaam
Blues-Bombin' mofo!!!

BTW...."I QUIT"...............joint burned to c/d!!!!

we WILL talk in the future!!!!!!

I don't normally reply after 1 post but this was the greatest response I have ever got so I salute you sir.
Me and prozkgrl dream about getting out to Andover, I hear it's a beautiful part of the country too.
I couldn't say if it would happen this year though:D

I LOVE getting the invite though, thats for sure:)

Back