I need your help to build the perfect home studio

Ken D. Webber

Hello, I am a professional illustrator who is poised for greatness in the future. I always have an eye open on future plans and music is also an area that I seek to expand into. I am also a musician so I am asking all the Home recordist's that I can think of to send me their suggestions on how to build the perfect dream Home studio. I need your advice and your imagination. If you were to suddenly come upon say, ten million dollars, and wanted to build the PERFECT recording studio what would be included? What equipment is an absolute must have when cost is no consideration? What musical equipment would you need for perfection? Do you have any links to manufacturers and suppliers? Are there any things that I should know about the setting for the studio itself? Wall designs and the form of the structure? What about the environment itself such as ways to make it artist friendly? Are there any nightmares that you have encountered or shoddy equipment manufacturers that should be avoided? I am looking for the most PERFECT STUDIO you can imagine with full digital capabilities. I look forward to hearing your list of suggestions, email me, and thank you for all that you can offer! Ken D. Webber / Artist

Now, now, S8-N...I'm sure if you had 10 million bucks and a middle initial you'd be very polite too :)

Let's just call a flaming cross-poster a cross-dresser- er I mean a cross-poster and leave it at that.

I admire your question Ken. It's totally valid. However it seems to bring out the worst in some of the people in this forum. Don't worry, they're probobly not real musicians anyway.Their total lack of imagination is evident in their responses. They're just a bunch of frustrated, no-talents.
I'm wishing you the best on your mission to build the "perfect studio".

Great!!! ANOTHER CHOADHUFFER!!! Thats just what we need... Why dont you just continue your conversation with KEN D. WEBBER via email so we dont have to listen to you two lick each others pussies...

Ken, your question is intimidating to most people, and I am sure you understand that. First, because it appears that you are bragging. Second, the answer to your question opens up a can of worms that a forum like this will not be able to handle, as opposed to "lack of imagination" as previously deemed. Third, to go out on a limb to say what is "best" could be embarassing if not qualified by, say, "within certain parameters, i. e. amount of money" which you took out. People are afraid to look stupid to commit an answer to a 'no-holds barred' question. I must say I admire your persistence though, regardless of how much insults you have received, you keep asking the question in all of the forums available. Really, if you have that money, hiring anyone of these people as consultants won't even make a dent to that pot that you may have. Some of them might have already produced platinum records, I am sure. I, myself have only produced three gold records overseas, but not quite platinum yet, so I still consider myself a 'newbie'. Your question is being received by some as an attack to their intelligence, or as an insult, and so, understandably, you get the response of equal magnitude, as a defense. What I am trying to say is that, the answer to your question is 'hard to qualify'. I am sure you could find it in your heart to forgive, or at least ignore the lashes they yield. In particular, Satan (S8-N), is considered to be, and has a reputation of an expert in these forums as he had help countless others in differing fields. If you would just count the number of his posts, and naturally has his own loyal 'following'. But not all of them are gobble gobbling up to what he posts, as you could read. Some of them may be asking, "what's eating him?" My advice is to pose your question differently, others have asked your question, but in a different manner and reaped good answers. Reality check: if you have ten million dollars, the last of your problems would be building a studio, so you question really eats up its own. My guess is, almost half of the 'rude' guys does not have even a low bachelor's degree, so ... the manners show. But then again, there are those who are called, 'educated fool', normally said by those who are not.

Beneath S8-N's....I mean G8-N's....bile and bravado there's nothing but a scared and soft hearted jack rabbit.

Great, just great...now we've got Webber's mom posting along with his other personality...Hey Patty Hearst, did you even finish grade school? Check out yer typos in yer long-winded brag...are ya still with the Lesbianese Liberation Army while doing all this MAJOR production...you pathethic politically neutered skank....do you really want everybody here to send you their transcripts? Where are your mp3 posts? Why pray tell are you even here at all? There are lots of wank sites for the post graduate menopausal crowd....Mr. gibs to you

Should I dignify that with a response?
Ponder for a moment, if one throws stones in the air, it is but natural that those that get hit when the stones fall back down will yell, normally with an 'ouch'. Boy, did he ever yell out loud! You are out of your league. I don't have an MP3 posts. Try Colony Records in Manhattan, or try this http://GloriaPapin.homepage.com. He is really 'atypical'. Firing off without much thought. That is Tony A. ! For you, that's Dr.Tony A. Dragon, you have a great site, you should really not allow sexual slurs or any slurs or bias around here. Imagine calling me a lesbian! He wasn't even close. And oh, it is not the education that matters, it is how you treat your fellow human being that does.

You dignified it with a response, tonyA...sorry I thought you were a female jerk instead of a male jerk, but either way you're a jerk off. Oooh Colony Records! Sweepin' the floor, huh...yer so called web site gave me this response "The address you are trying to access using our servers (gloriapapin.homepage.com.) is not currently hosted by us." Nice try dillweed. Oh, I'm sorry, that's DOCTOR Dillweed...

Gosh you'd think with your education you'd get it right the first time...nice photo...and your name appears WHERE on the site?

Gibs, let us have a truce. I don't mean to irritate anybody. Especially those who are senior members of this forum. I need your expertise on things. I have been reading some of your posts and they have been helpful. If I irritated anybody, I am sorry. I am afraid I had become what I was professing against. I didn't like the insult Ken (or anybody for that matter) was getting, and I more than likely threw some out myself! Talk about hipocrites. Sorry. And oh, you are right, i left out an "r" on 'embarrassing'. My name should be on that web site. They were only a local release, except the last one, "A Gift of Love". And oh, I am not a fag either, jerk, maybe, but homo, no. (isn't the word 'fag' a slur?, sorry to those who are, no offense meant) :)

Great. A Hallmark moment. No problem tony...if I feel attacked I always make sure the attacker gets to be slammed a little bit too...and I have no expertise on anything in this forum, quite the contrary, I'm trying to learn digital stuff so I won't be so stupid...I don't think I called you a mo, did I, but if I ever do, it would only be because of stereotypical posturing I might sense...deep down inside (maybe next to the gerbil) there's a little mo in all of us...truce is cool...gibs

Rule number one: Do not defend Ken.

If Ken was man enough, he would come back and defend himself. Ken is no longer a real person in this BBS. He is more like a dart board we all like to take shots at. Our responses to his posts shows how much we respect the little guy with a home studio. If Ken had posted ONCE, say in the Dragon's Cave, such a question without the arrogance. he may have recieved a better response from the members here.

So if you are a new member and know little about this site and its members, do not defend Ken, or you just might get hit by a dart.

I keep warning you guys....
Ken is no man. He's a conspiracy!
I read about a "Ken D. Webber" that posted a thread on a bbs about cats and three day's later everyone who responded was found dead, casterated with their testicles shoved down their throats.
shit! I just responded again....

DAMN YOU KEN WEBBER!!!! DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!!

I rather liked my testicles you bastard.

Back