I got 2 short mp3's with Genesis 3 sounds

Au contraire, mon ami! I've seen Motorhead too, Oct. 25th, 1998... I didn't have a ring in my ears, but a HISS for 2 weeks...
Believe me, I KNOW what Motorhead can do to one's hearing... :eek:

More comments, folks?
Any requests? (like "hey speedy, try to play us a COOL riff instead of those lame ones...") :eek: :( ;)

Update:

Recorded some tracks using the GT2 last night. However, started getting crazy mixing down and ran into roadblocks with the software. Overcame a lot of 'em, but still have one big one.

Might have 'em up tonight, this weekend, or early next week.

Welp, there's always got to be one negative nelly...

I think the sounds are as overprocessed and phoney as those that were attainable with the first couple waves of digital effect pedals (like my old Boss ME5). I don't think it sounds very real at all...just very buzzy distortion without much depth.

I will say that some of the rhythm guitar sounds were beefy enough to use...but every time you'd break out a riff it went to hell.

I'm not anti-metal and I'm not anti-you...I just don't think that these particular sounds are very good...especially by today's standards. Sorry to say it :(

Slackmaster 2000

Hey Speedy & Loppy...

I've never really used the BOSS GT- series processors much - just messed around wth them a bit...and I didn't like the sounds very much what I did hear, overly processed - again!....plus, my brother (who is an awesome axe man) and nearlly everyone else I speak to says don't bother with them.......BUT, I hear you guys think they are OK, etc...

So, what gives - gimmee the lowdown por favor :)

oh, and Speedy, I'm still waiting for those arpeggio Yngwie clips from yours truly!

cheers,

KEV

I auditioned a whole bunch of modelers about 1 1/2 years ago and thought the Yamaha DG-Stomp sounded best. The POD sounds good too, but though the DG has "fewer" sounds, I think it does those better than anything else. IMO, it definitely cleans up and gets dirty better than others depending on pick attack, etc. (I can record some basic samples of that if you want to hear it isolated...)

You can hear it on any of my tunes from "Addiction" or newer on my page, though I think Addiction still has some of the best tones on it.

Addiction

You can check out other at: http://www.acidplanet.com/Lounge/ArtistDetail.asp?ArtistName=The+Shady+Neighbor

Most of those are all recording the DG Stomp direct.

Also Kevs, the "GT2" they are talking about is a Sansamp product. (The Boss stuff never impressed me much with their models, though they make some great effects.)

Hi Kabooomdahkan!!!

Oh, I thought they were referring to an earlier version of the BOSS GT-3, 6 etc.

I just listened to your "Addiction" tune on AP......and,

I think I prefer the POD tones to that - just going on that one track you suggested...but, then agai your style is a lot different to mine tho - but I likd the song :-)

Take a listen to my two tunes "Sunrise in Nueiba" and Nothing Fancy" I used the POD 2.3 for all guitar tracks on those.

http://www.acidplanet.com/Lounge/ArtistDetail.asp?ArtistID=78884

"cheers mate"

KEV

Heya Kevs - Just listened to Sunrise, and I'm listening to Nothing Fancy now. I was kind of torn between the POD and the DG-Stomp. I think if I played with a style closer to you, I would have gone with a POD. I think it does heavy sounds a little better. The DG really excels at crunchy sounds and in-between stuff.

I haven't recorded a whole lot of heavy stuff with the DG. It has some good sounds, but it's not my thing. If you check out "Shady's Guitar Channel," that's actually a mix of 3 SHORT tunes I recorded the first day I had my DG. Might give you an idea of some different sounds...

Glad we're both happy. :D

Slackmaster2K said:
Welp, there's always got to be one negative nelly...

I think the sounds are as overprocessed and phoney as those that were attainable with the first couple waves of digital effect pedals (like my old Boss ME5). I don't think it sounds very real at all...just very buzzy distortion without much depth.

I will say that some of the rhythm guitar sounds were beefy enough to use...but every time you'd break out a riff it went to hell.

I'm not anti-metal and I'm not anti-you...I just don't think that these particular sounds are very good...especially by today's standards. Sorry to say it :(

Slackmaster 2000
Slack, have you only listened to the first 2 songs, or all the short clips as well? 'Coz there's a lot more styles than just metal...
I agree that the guitars lack a tad depth in Metal_3, but I think the JCM800 rocks, although a tad trebly...

Back