I got 2 short mp3's with Genesis 3 sounds

cool. what settings? post some more examples using the different amp types. I'm dying to hear them all.

I'll post some sansamp examples later tonight so we can compare.

I redid the 2nd song, I gave it a working title "Clash of Imagery" and I encoded it at 192kb, so it sounds way better.
The song is now complete, instead of cut in half. Give it a spin, I'll post more soon...

Hey Speedo :)

What's with this location thingy about being on the Dutch-Polish border - when POLAND doesn't border HOLLAND at all - where the F**K are you really situated - LoL!!!! Germany???..and
Jerkoffski, sounds like a WANKER of a place - eh :)

Anyhow...I can hear that YOU are a metal-head :-)

The guitarzzz sound pretty decent on these...but, like I said before...the G3 'tonal' quality is a bit overly processed, although not extremely so, on these two tracks....

BTW, I always create my MP3's (for upload) from original WAVE files, I think it's the best way to go - always start your base platform from the best medium available...and wave files definitely give you that....

I can't wait to check ou this new Rocktron Replitone MP modelling rack unit....I really hope it smokes the POD Pro......coz although I DO like the Line6 gear, it still has some way to go, before being a truly GREAT peice of equip...

Keep 'dem tunes a coming - wherever YOU are - LOL!!!!!!!!

cheers

KEV

Thanx Kev. I'm pretty curious about how the Replitone sounds as well, so I'm eagerly awaiting your upcoming review.. :)

About the location; I live in the Netherlands, but I'm half Polish... and I have a 'certain hobby' that I practice from time to time... :rolleyes: :D ;)

I'll post some more samples from just 1 guitar (so without drums etc.) so you can focus more on the guitar sound.
I think it has to do with adding too much delay, reverb and chorus, that some sounds seem overprocessed; listen to Steve Lukather for example...too slick if you ask me...
I got some more 'raw' sounds coming up, so I wonder if you'll find them overprocessed too...

Oh, I heard something about the upcoming Line6 POD Xt, based on the Vetta engine. There was a picture posted at the Guitar Effects forum of Harmony Central, seems interesting too; it has a large LCD screen, an added presence knob and more features.
Since I got the Genesis 3 for a low price in Holland, I might add 1 or 2 other amp modellers in the future... Maybe Sansamp PSA1 first.
I talked to a cool blues/rock guitarplayer recently, who had great gear (original TS808, VHT Pitbull 45 top and Bogner 2x 12 cab, Fender USA strat and some Boss pedals) and he played through the PSA-1 once, and said it had the best tube-feel of 'em all...
I mean, when a tube-purist like that says such a thing...

I think it's time for our buddy Lopp to post some Sansamp samples... ;)

yeah,

Line6 are actually outright denying that a Veta POD version is in the works....but, I know that it is :-)

I am interested in seeing what new features it will have, but I expect, the amp sounds to not be all that different form the POD 2.3

KEV

Hey Kev (and others), you might want to check my link again. I uploaded 8 more short clips with just guitar. Different styles, not just metal.
I think they sound o.k. (encoded them at 192kb in Cool Edit 2000, also amplified some of 'em.)

Leme know what ya think?

Hi Speedo,
I Listened to them clips.......

I noticed a pickup HUM lurking in there :)

The ones I liked the best are the

Metal Tharashing
Iron Maiden
Clean Chorus
JMC 800

They sounded pretty good to MY ears.

KEV

Speeddemon said:

I think it's time for our buddy Lopp to post some Sansamp samples... ;)

Zzzzzzz... *shnork*... Huh?

Bunch-o-homewrekkers posting samples of their emulators/modelers? Nice. Gotta find time to join the party. It'll probably only be the GT2 because the PSA-1 is kept at rehearsal with the live gear.

Thanks for the Genesis 3 clips Speed.

("Speedo"... that's funny).

OK, Speeddemon......

You just pushed me over the edge. I have been going back and forth on getting the Genesis 3 wondering if it would end up on the pile after a week or so. I am convinced this is the best modeler under $500 bucks out there. GC has it for $199.

I'm going out tonight and get one.

See what hanging out here does to you. Slowly erodes your mind until you just can't take it any more. Now don't anybody tell me about the next cool peice of gear. I don't want to hear it no matter how good it is.

What's that you say about the RNP mic pre? DOH

The guitar was an Ibanez S540 FM TTS. HSH pick ups.

Yes, Kev, on some tracks my PC monitor was still on ('because i needed to see where to click to record and stop... I finally figured it out with which keys you can do it, so no more monitor/pick up hum in the future...

Keep the comments coming, I'm still learning...

Speedo...

I record ALL the time with my PC monitor on.......I don't ever get any HUM from it..............maybe coz it's an LCD screen?

I dunno, but I've never had that problemo!!!

KEV

Kevzmusic said:
I record ALL the time with my PC monitor on.......I don't ever get any HUM from it..............maybe coz it's an LCD screen?

Yup. That's it.

Speed, ya gotta redo metal_3 LOUDER. From what I can tell, it kicks ass, but it's too damn quiet.

Hey Loppy...

I just listened to those Sansamp clips......and don't think they sound as good, compared to the POD..

Maybe it was because the d/l audio quality is a little shitty, but they all sounded rather raspy to me.....

For example,

I like a crunchy distored Mod High Gain setting....but I wan't it to sound crystal clear/clean as well - the Line 6 gives me that IMHO :)

Cheers mate

KEV
PS - in fact, I just want it ALL :)

Lopp said:

Yup. That's it.

Speed, ya gotta redo metal_3 LOUDER. From what I can tell, it kicks ass, but it's too damn quiet.
\
Lopp, I just tried it, but I got a shareware version of Cool Edit 2000 and it will only encode the 1st 60 seconds... and since the song is 1m39s, the IMO cool ending will be left out...

BTW KEv, I agree about the PSA-1 sounds, a bit too edgy for my tastes... But the GT-2 sounds sound actually better... maybe they encoded it really crappy or they just have a tester that went to Motorhead gigs too often... ;)

Hey Speedo,

Nuffink wrong with a bit of old Motorhead mate,

I used to go see 'em live a lot in the mid 70's :)

Lemmy sure knows how to ROCK!!!!!!!

KEV

Back