I dig the city I grew up in and still live in today but.......

TAE

All you have is now
I'm not going this far to prove it....

There is only one Covina in the whole wide world...the founders made the word up ....The city of coves and vines.

McHugh's Covina son.jpg

I hate LA. I'm near the airport now. Stuck in another hotel. :(

I was up in Malibu earlier today. Kinda cool, but didn't have the vibe I expected. I did some work at the Hughes Reseach Lab. Beautiful views.

I had to fly to Burbank several times for work years ago, which were my only LA experiences. I remember meeting this one girl at a bar and she kept referring to "The Valley" as if it were something scornful. I guess Burbank is in The Valley.

She totally must have been a Val... There's two Valleys, San Fernando....The Valley (SFV) and San Gabriel ( Where I reside ) (SGV) The way more down low one.
Hollywood , Burbank and the entertainment industry people are SFV....

SGV We have USC, UCLA, The Rose Bowl, Pasadena, The Pomona Drags and Irwindale home of Sirracha cha cha

Frank himself lived in the SFV but originally made his fortune making recordings in Cucamonga in San Bernardino county @ 15 miles east of the SGV

studioZ.jpg

Last edited:
LA is a great city full of clueless goofballs and ditzy divas. I love LA, I love SoCal, but every california stereotype you've ever heard is totally true.

Oh, IMO, YMMV, and all that.

Never been to LA, only been to California once but I did bump into James Hetfield which was cool.

Planning on heading to Encinitas when I have the time/money

I hate LA. I'm near the airport now. Stuck in another hotel. :(

Two words "Trip Advisor" Never stay in LA proper jump in that rental and hit the 88 surrounding cities that make up Los Angeles county...albeit about half of them you do not want to stay in ( thus trip advisor) but damn dude you're here you might as well enjoy it when you're not working.

That's why EZ and I did not want to go into LAX ...avoid like the plague

Planning on heading to Encinitas when I have the time/money

HEY Shhhhhhhh! :cursing:

How the hell did you hear about Encinitas?

Only the "special people" inside the insiders inside out club know about it.

It's in San Diego County about 2 hours south of Covina..

It is my favorite funky laid back beach get away...easy to get that "one with the universe" type vibe at the "center for self realization"
We vacation there almost every year.

HEY Shhhhhhhh! :cursing:

How the hell did you hear about Encinitas?

Only the "special people" inside the insiders inside out club know about it.

It's in San Diego County about 2 hours south of Covina..

It is my favorite funky laid back beach get away...easy to get that "one with the universe" type vibe at the "center for self realization"
We vacation there almost every year.

My sister goes there every year. My bro in law and nephew always enter the local longboarding contest. In fact, quite a few people from my home town go there.

I don't understand those who get massive tats - and put dates or other things on them that are...well... stupid.

red-sox-boston-skyline-tattoo.jpg
2004 - date Red Sox won World Series I guess?

PART951309916530680_large.jpg
617 - Boston's telephone area code

I don't understand those who get massive tats - and put dates or other things on them that are...well... stupid.

I would venture a guess that the tats you showed and the Covina one were all done in prison... where it is a very tough place to exist. A shit load of time on your hands...bored to tears..pissing on the ground to mark your territory .... trying to define your identity in a place where you are just a number...

Sad shit...our prisons here in Cali are run by the gangs and a racially segregated... Not so in Texas and consequently not near the same amount of gang related issues

Back