I can't sing or people are full of hate?

I feel sorry(not really) for anyone who is so insecure that they have to seek acceptance from total strangers. A person should never have to ask such an inane question. There are hundreds of thousands of records out there for people to compare their voices to. If a person can't listen to the radio and numerous records and figure out if their voices are as good as those on the aforementioned radio and records, then IMHO they are a dumbass! :laughings:

"Singers unite! Singing techniques, itchy throats, and do you need vocal lessons? Stuck with the vocal tracks? Share your problems and solutions..."

I don't see what's wrong about him posting this here. It obviously isn't a full song, since it cuts off half way through.
Why is it so hard to imagine that some Vietnamese kid who is insecure about his singing would ask for advice on the internet?
What's wrong with being insecure and vulnerable? Why does it make this a scam or him a "clown"?

Nothing wrong with him posting it here, asking for advice and being insecure and vulnerable, although the internet can do bad things to the vulnerable.

The title of the thread "I can't sing or people full of hate?" is not really the way to go about asking for advice about your singing... "When someone tell me I can't sing, is it for real or they just hate me" - is also just a touch weird, don't you think. The guy has a picture of himself in his avatar and has produced a video with a winsome looking picture of himself gazing out and gone to all the trouble of subtitling it in two language representations. He's set up his own YouTube channel specifically to host his videos... and NOW he wants affirmation that he can sing? Really...

So, as I said... I'm not buying this guy at face value. Sorry. I'm probably wrong... whatever.

Hibiki - "loving to sing" doesn't make you good at it. If you want to sing, then just do so. Good luck in your endeavours.

BTW - I have not neg repped the guy and made him red.

"When someone tell me I can't sing, is it for real or they just hate me" - .
what that is, is an attempt to guide the answers into being what he wants, When you word it like that you're gonna get a lot of people saying, "Oh, they're wrong .... you sound great!"

It's a blatant effort to manipulate the responses and add his responses ..... nothing wrong with that BTW ...... but some folks don't care for that and respond accordingly.

The title of the thread should be "I can't sing AND people are full of hate".

There is nothing technically wrong with what you sang, it is in tune and on time, but it is lifeless. The only feeling it provokes is mild boredom.

I'd just like to know why in the fuck anyone would care what somebody else thought. It makes me want to say,"Please get a life!" LOL!
I didn't know that negative repping would turn that thing under names from green to red. Learned something new! LOL!

Many voices work with some types of music, while others won't. Yours is fine with this song. The point is, if you enjoy it, that's step one. If we sing to simply get the approval of others, than that's a limited motivation. Hopefully, your singing will be enjoyed by others. Some people will find fault with everything because they're hurting. Keep singing. Some people just don't even have a song.

Just few suggestions:

1. Find a vocal coach and take some lessons. In your genre, there might be things which are are important/ or not needed. We wouldn't know. or post it in a forum where people speak your language.
2. A better question to ask is how can you become better at your singing? or what are your weak points? What are your strong points? are you breathing right, the tongue placement, posture, tonal quality and such.

Sorry that your link is down. As far as I know, both in Norway and Japan there is a strong cultural trend towards vocal music. I've heard some outstanding Japanese vocalists.

For encouragement, listen to Ricky Nelson's "Garden Party" single and recall his words, something like "If you can't please everyone, you gotta please yourself. And the Tony Maserati slogan: If it sounds right, it IS right.

Nice piano album, BTW.

Thank you for all the feedback. I'd removed my video due to the intricacy out of my control. I appreciate all of your replies, and no matter how harsh some people did to me, I'm still keen on singing.

Back