I bought a Wah Wah!!!!! :D

R

RAMI

Hehe.....Got this thing and had to use it, so I re-did one of my less than awesome tunes.

I only really "Wah'd" it in the solo. The rest of the time I just left it in one position to get "that" sound.

Does it sound ok, or does it sound like a drummer not using a Wah properly? :D

How does everything else sound while we're at it?

Thanx

FOOL'S GOLD

Last edited:
I love the tune rami. As far as the Wah sound goes, I think you need a lot more bite on the wah That's my personal taste. The thinner part of the sweep should almost sound shrill. That's how you get those screaming highs and funky percussive rhythm guitar.

Excellent sound man! Love the feedback/Overtones. Nice transition between wah/no wah.
Thanx Ido. I forgot to mention I also have an octaver on the same track I used the Wah on.

I love the tune rami. As far as the Wah sound goes, I think you need a lot more bite on the wah That's my personal taste. The thinner part of the sweep should almost sound shrill. That's how you get those screaming highs and funky percussive rhythm guitar.
Thanx Jimi. I hear what you're saying. I think I was a little reluctant to really stomp on it because, originally, I only wanted to set it and then leave it. When the solo came around, I started fooling around with moving the Wah, but I was scared to make it too 1973. Maybe next time I won't hold back so much. Thanx buddy.

Sounds fine to me.
Thanx fuzz. :cool:

I respectfully disagree with Jimistone. I get what he's saying, but I think that's a pretty ideal wah sound for this song. I personally hate the upper range of most wahs. It's horrid. That middle half-cocked sound is awesome to me. Very nicely done. Tasteful use of the wah. Another thing I noticed is that the snare sounds really good.

So what kind of wah is it?

I have a Dunlop Crybaby 535Q, and I don't use it often, but it's a badass wah.

Kind of cool man. I think I like a more dramatic sounding wah myself, although it doesn't sound bad at all :D

Aw man, what happened to the link?
Link down
Shit! Sorry about that, guys. I was uploading a new version last night, and someone came over just as I was uploading. I left the page open all night and forgot to finish the upload. It's up now. Same link as in the OP, and here: FOOL'S GOLD
I respectfully disagree with Jimistone. I get what he's saying, but I think that's a pretty ideal wah sound for this song. I personally hate the upper range of most wahs. It's horrid. That middle half-cocked sound is awesome to me. Very nicely done. Tasteful use of the wah. Another thing I noticed is that the snare sounds really good.

So what kind of wah is it?

I have a Dunlop Crybaby 535Q, and I don't use it often, but it's a badass wah.
It's a Jimi Wah. JH-1. I was just browsing through Craiglist and saw that someone was selling one and they lived 3 minutes away from me, so I bought it on a whim.

Last edited:
I have the JH - 1 - have had it for decades.
I LOVE the throaty tone of the wah in your track.
I often use it as an effect pedal - just put it in the right spot & leave it there. make great Black sabbath sounds that way.
The embellishments you've added to this track are terrific - lots of it but tastefully done.
Well done RAMI.
The combo of a throaty Wah & a tiny Pignose is pretty hard to beat - try it if you get the chance.

I have the JH - 1 - have had it for decades.
I LOVE the throaty tone of the wah in your track.
I often use it as an effect pedal - just put it in the right spot & leave it there. make great Black sabbath sounds that way.
The embellishments you've added to this track are terrific - lots of it but tastefully done.
Well done RAMI.
The combo of a throaty Wah & a tiny Pignose is pretty hard to beat - try it if you get the chance.
Thanx ray.

Originally, and for most of the song, I was using it as just an effect pedal. I've always loved the sound of a wah just sitting at that throaty position.

I sold many JH-1's back in the day when I was working at a music store. For some reason, I thought they had less range than the one I have, but I might be mixing it up with another wah.

Or it may have been modded...at any rate, top, class sound! The main portion sounds beyond the normal "throaty" that you get from wahs and almost hits into actual throat...i.e. Dunlop HT1. Love the sound! Very definitely sounds like you knew what you were doing during the solo as well. Why was this one of your "lesser tracks"? This is a great tune...

Or it may have been modded...at any rate, top, class sound! The main portion sounds beyond the normal "throaty" that you get from wahs and almost hits into actual throat...i.e. Dunlop HT1. Love the sound! Very definitely sounds like you knew what you were doing during the solo as well.
Thanx a lot Broken. I've dabbled with wah's before. But I think the best way to sound like you know what you're doing (when you don't), is to keep it very simple and not try to over-do it.

Why was this one of your "lesser tracks"? This is a great tune...
Thanx. I don't know. Some songs just seem more "throw-away" or something, and I can't explain why. This might be a great tune for all I know. But it doesn't grab me as much as others I've done. Maybe knowing the process of getting a song done influences how we hear our own tunes.

Thanx. I don't know. Some songs just seem more "throw-away" or something, and I can't explain why. This might be a great tune for all I know. But it doesn't grab me as much as others I've done. Maybe knowing the process of getting a song done influences how we hear our own tunes.

:) I know that feeling. I've pulled stuff out of the trash bin before, only to find it just needed that little something to sound "right". Maybe that's what happened with this tune. It was just waiting for your new wah!

:) I know that feeling. I've pulled stuff out of the trash bin before, only to find it just needed that little something to sound "right". Maybe that's what happened with this tune. It was just waiting for your new wah!

Yeah. Also, some tunes just fall together and write themselves and never need to be changed. For this tune, I think I changed the chorus about 5 times over the last few months. I always had an idea of what I wanted, but wasn't able to find something that I didn't end up hating later. I think I finally got it....only time will tell. :D

Hehe.....Got this thing and had to use it, so I re-did one of my less than awesome tunes.

I only really "Wah'd" it in the solo. The rest of the time I just left it in one position to get "that" sound.

Does it sound ok, or does it sound like a drummer not using a Wah properly? :D

How does everything else sound while we're at it?

Thanx

FOOL'S GOLD

You're mixing the wah like an intro and accent instrument, but from 041 to 051 it could come up or get more noticed. And so on through the mix.

I love me some wah.

You're mixing the wah like an intro and accent instrument, but from 041 to 051 it could come up or get more noticed. And so on through the mix.
There's a lot of vocals going on during those parts. I don't know why I'd bring the wah up there. It's a background instrument in those spots.

There's nothing that's not awesome about the wah. In any given song, it's either going to sound great or be extremely annoying. One might even say that the wah stirs controversy!

Back