I blame it all on Sluice...........

twist

After all he started this whole thing......Thanks Tom, I've always wanted to do this song!

Lead and bass centered mono.
3 backing vocals doubled and panned
3 clap tracks... Left, Right, and Center.

The hardest thing to do was the hand claps. I felt like a total spazz trying to just clap on the upbeat.
First I tried to clap and sing at the same time, but I'm just too "white". So I wound up clapping along to the click track. I know I dropped the beat a few times, but bear with me, it resolves.

I don't know who the original artist or author is, but I think it's from 50s-60s MoTown. I first heard it around 1980 by a band called "Clover".
http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2427&alid=-1

"Keep On Rollin"

Twist

twist,

Nice Job!! You are a very talented singer.

You will never have to worry about VD how ever as you don't have the clap:D That was a joke, ya'll......

I never heard the original but, I liked your rendition.

You did a fine job.

Cheers! :)

wow, nice track ... hey ... uh ... where'd yer baby left you standin ' ... once again ... :D

the verb on the backups is excellent.

the bass walking is cool, and sounds like you are havin' a lot of fun ...

the chord at the end perfection ...

thanks for entertaining the crowd tonight, thanks for sharing.

hey, roll one for me child !

Don't you go blaming me for this...

...ok I've heard it. You can blame me all you want. This is excellent. If I'd have known all these great a capellas were gonna happen I might have spent more time on my own. This is just AWESOME. I rarely hand out the word "awesome" around here. Here it is again.

AWESOME

There... that should get some listens for ya. But seriously, that was impressive. No complaints. Great singing!

Oh Yeah !!!!!

Ditto AWESOME in great big letters!
Big-ass dominant 7th ending - ohhhhhh - yeahhhhhh

Very cool - just gettin' ready for work - only had time for one download - I picked the right one! Very slick singing - creative hand music. And now I have to get going or all I'll have left is 'money in a matchbox and clothes in a brown paper bag!!'

Thanks!!
Milan

I think you got a monopoly on the harmony dept dude. I`m wayyy impressed. I love the piece.... Ya this a capella thing is exposing another facet on some real gems.....

I haven't heard it, but since every a capella post begins with a self depreciation and ends with a huge applause I just say:

Twist, this is terrific

Excellent singing. Love the harmonies.

I'll check it out tonight....gotta write some SQL queries and Unix scripts first (work)

Man o' man....
I wish I could sing... :D

These acapellas have been awesome....this is no exception man...
Really excellent harmonies and placement in the mix...just a little busy at 1:40-1:45 but that would be a real nit pick...

Good stuff man...
Joe

Let me try this big letter thing:

EXCELLENT!

Man you sho' can sing. Loved the space. Nice work twist.

Finally listened.

No changes in my opinion.

Hey, this is a very easy of reviewing. I don't even have to listen to it. LOL :D

C'mon Tom, let's take ours down...

WOW!!

That was excelent.

Your neighbors must think you got a revival going at your house, but wonder where all the cars are parked.

Great recording.

Too cool!!

Pedullist said:
Finally listened.

No changes in my opinion.

Hey, this is a very easy of reviewing. I don't even have to listen to it. LOL :D

C'mon Tom, let's take ours down...

You kidding me? Mine came down 24 hours after yours went up. :)

You kiddin' me?

I didn't know that. I still have your first attempt. :eek: :D

But these other guys are great, don't you think?

Ghost Thanks! I'm happy to say, I've never had the clap!

Studio I added the 2nd verse cause the song is so damn short. Thankyou!!

Sluice Wow, thank you! And thanks for starting this. Fun!

Doug Thanks for listening Doug.

Party pants Do you like to dress up when you record too? Gotta get in character, right?

Milan Glad you liked it, now get going!

Hi Toki Thanks, but it's really not a hard song if you break it down into parts. Thanks for listening.

Mac :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Thanks!

Joro Dude! You CAN sing. Now say it with me: I can Sing! Thanks for listening

skids Thanks!

Ped C'mon man, what's more important, music or work? Thanks for checkin me out!

GT :D I really hope they can't hear me down here in the basement. Noone has called the cops yet, so that's a good sign!

Really, thanks everyone for all the kind words. Very generous you are. It's all my pleasure, and I hope you enjoyed it.

Didn't anyone notice any problems? C'mon guys help me out!

Twist

sweetness. great talent in those vox.

as far as they timing issue on the claps, why not take a 4 or 8 bar section that is in time and loop it.

Nice vocals and harmonies. That clap is damn distracting, though. :-) Nice job. A capella is the hardest thing in the world to do.

Piltdown Man

Sir...that was most outstanding! Wow twist I'm big time impressed bro, I mean I already knew you were one hell'uva singer but this was awesome. Great stuff bud!*****

Back