I am a songwriter, but I am not sure if I can sing...

Hibiki Itano

Hi there, I am a songwriter. At the moment, I can't find a singer to collaborate with, so I decided to sing the songs by myself.
So I really want to get the feedback about my singing voice.
In this recording, my voice is nearly bare because I don't take much time on editing for a demo version. Just a bit of reverb and compressor.
Please comment, I'll be happy to hear from you. <3

You're doing fine on the vocals. You have a soft, pleasing voice that seems in tune for the most part. Nothing a little nudge here and there from a tuning plug wouldn't make good.
What I am hearing is way too much distance (reverb, miking distance, or whatnot) in the drums...but that's a mix issue, and not what you asked about, so I'll leave that alone.
As a fellow songwriter (who used to be able to sing for his supper) I understand where you're coming from. It's important to get your music heard, and if you have a weak link it can keep people from listening. I don't believe your voice qualifies as a weak link.

You're doing fine on the vocals. You have a soft, pleasing voice that seems in tune for the most part. Nothing a little nudge here and there from a tuning plug wouldn't make good.
What I am hearing is way too much distance (reverb, miking distance, or whatnot) in the drums...but that's a mix issue, and not what you asked about, so I'll leave that alone.
As a fellow songwriter (who used to be able to sing for his supper) I understand where you're coming from. It's important to get your music heard, and if you have a weak link it can keep people from listening. I don't believe your voice qualifies as a weak link.

Thank you for your feedback!
Actually, I am very new to vocals. I have tried to looking for vocalists to do my songs justice but still can't find one, so I decided to sing it. I am really confused about my singing voice.
I did post this song on the other sub-forum to get feedback. And once again, I'm very new to this kind of pop song, so like, I really want to get feedback. And since I am Asian, I was born with a different music background so I am very afraid, wether my music and voice is catchy to listeners from other countries.
Anyways, thank you very much for your positive feedback! I am very happy about it!

Voice isn't bad at all, but for the track itself I would consider making it a duet with a more powerful voice chiming in from time to time. The whispering of the vocal is in stark contrast to the energy of the rest of the tune. I would think about adding harmonies to a powerful female voice as a second part. Just a thought.

Also...way too much reverb. On everything. I think you have a good, catchy song and melody here.

Back