How to setup headphone monitors for the live room?

Spaaceboy

It's probably a dumb question, but I can't find the answer with Google. How do I send and separate signal from the DAW to headphones in the live room for the band to record over scratch tracks, or monitor each other?

For starters I would say that you shouldn't need headphone for the band to monitor each other during live tracking. but as for the listing to scratch track you'll need a headphone splitter/amp to accommodate how many members there are in the band that your working with.

For starters I would say that you shouldn't need headphone for the band to monitor each other during live tracking. but as for the listing to scratch track you'll need a headphone splitter/amp to accommodate how many members there are in the band that your working with.
How would it be setup? I have a Digi 003 with Command 8 at the moment. Where should the signal be sent, and could you link to an example of a decent headphone splitter? I searched but there's results ranging in price from 50 to 1500 bucks.

Hallo Spaceboy.

Do you just want to send the same signal that you're hearing?

If so, just get a headphone amp and run it from two of your line outs on the back of the 003.

You'll have to set up busses in protools so that audio goes to those line outs.

Behringer make a cheap 8 channel headphone amp.
Depending on the amp, you may even be able to run it off one of the digi's headphone outputs, which is way simpler.

Yeah, I basically want to send the mix to multiple headphones in another room. This is a common feature in all studios I've been to, but I'm not sure the best method. If I could have some control over each headphone independently, that'd be even better. I was looking at the PreSonus 6 headphone amp. I don't fully understand the capabilities with it though.

Back