How to reduce [mechanical] computer noise?

jar240

I'm really surprised by how much information I CAN'T find on mechanical PC noise reduction.

The only real area I've found was quietpc.com, but it's in the UK and I'm concerned about currency conversion and shipping costs being huge.

Does anyone know of any manufactures/retailers of sound reduction equipment for PCs?

On my own I can find a quieter power supply fan, but the hard drive is the real humdinger hear.

I've built a fairly soundproof case to place my entire PC inside, but it's cumbersome to use.

Any info would be appreciated...

Thanks,
Chris Breitner

carefull....

when trying to box in your computer etc. it needs an air flow, you might cause other problems worse is all...

Thanks for posting this!

I still have time to replace my fan with something better since my computer is new...anyone have any info or now of any good fans in particular...? Those sites are really good, are those "silencer" models what I should look into? Do you know if a 179$ fan is worth the money, like the silencer 400.
I'd really like to make my computer as quiet as I can...
What about cooling or coolers...? These are all pretty cheap, do you think I already have one standard with a computer, should I get a better one of these too...?
sorry about all the questions, This kind of just hit me as a shock.
All the info I've been looking at are from the sites posted.
Please help me, I'd like to get this done as soon as possible, since the store is still letting me replace my fan... :)
oh, I also have an athlon 850 new, if that tells you anything...
So basically, what should i do know while I can, change or upgrade to make my computer quieter...?

Does anybody know?

I don't think that was a 179 fan though, I think it was something else... Same questions as above, would really like to know?
Somebodys gotta have experience in this...

Back