How to record loops from a Boss RC-505 MKII looping station on to an MRS-802 Multitrack recorder?

Brett39

Hi guys,
renderTimingPixel.png

I recently purchased a Boss RC-505 MKII looping station and I am trying to connect it to my MRS-802 Multitrack recorder so that I can record the loops I make on to the MRS-802. I have tried different set-ups using a Y/splitter cable running between the two machines but I cannot seem to solve the problem.
Any suggestions? If anyone has achieved this, what's the correct set up re the cables?
I've included images of both machines for reference.
Thanks in advance,
Brett

Attachments

• MRS-802 (back).jpg
    MRS-802 (back).jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 4
  • MRS-802 (front).jpg
    MRS-802 (front).jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
  • RC-505 MKII looper (back).jpg
    RC-505 MKII looper (back).jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 5
  • RC-505 MKII looper.jpg
    RC-505 MKII looper.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 4
The issue is that while the two machines are hooked up to one another (presumably the correct way) the loops I'm recording on to the MRS-802 are barely audible (even at full volume). The headphones are plugged into the appropriate input and the volume seems to work fine when other instruments are hooked up to the MRS-802, but for some reason the playback is next to inaudible when it comes to the RC-505 MKII.

Ok ... I haven't looked at the manuals yet, but looking at the photos, I would think this would be the default setup:
1. Plug two T/S cables (guitar cables or patch cables) from the MAIN OUT L and R of the RC-505 to the two inputs of the MRS-802.
2. Arm tracks 1 and 2 on the MRS-802 and assign those two inputs to them (input 1 to Track 1, input 2 to Track 2).
3. Make sure you have the output level on the RC-505 turned up a good bit (at least half way I would think).
4. Set the input trim knobs on inputs 1 and 2 on the MRS-802 so that you're getting a good signal.
5. Record the loop.

On playback, make sure and pan Tracks 1 and 2 on the MRS-802 hard left and hard right, respectively, to make sure the stereo image is preserved - assuming the loops on the RC-505 are stereo, of course.

Back