how to have more dynamic recording with pro tools ??

Read my other posts! Im saying that I don't actually think he means "Dynamic" when he says it. Besides, I wasn't even referring to the sound of nickleback, but the level of production. The guy who initially posted said that he did his bands 1st recordings, and he did them on his own. Meaning, there's not a billion fans like nickleback has, waiting to hear them, but rather, he needs a quick fix for a home demo.
OK. Now I am mad at your for your apparent lack of sense of humor. :p

For the rest of the stuff that you've been saying, I am gonna take a "wait and see" approach. I want to see how deep you're gonna dig yourself into a ditch ;)

Id like to see as well. And if im wrong, c'est la vie. Wouldn't you agree though that my assumption that he is new to this, and hasn't made a "serious" recording is likely true?

There has been many times where I've made a scrappy home recording that didn't sound too nice to begin with, but after adding a little something something, I come out happy. Of course I wasn't trying to get a sound that was unachievable, given the equipment used, and the novice of the recording itself, but I was trying to get something better than I had, most of the time I've been successful in doing this.

Id like to see as well. And if im wrong, c'est la vie. Wouldn't you agree though that my assumption that he is new to this, and hasn't made a "serious" recording is likely true?

There has been many times where I've made a scrappy home recording that didn't sound too nice to begin with, but after adding a little something something, I come out happy. Of course I wasn't trying to get a sound that was unachievable, given the equipment used, and the novice of the recording itself, but I was trying to get something better than I had, most of the time I've been successful in doing this.

Yep. All pro studios have some magic fairy dust wonderizer. It makes all kinds of crap smell like a bouquet of flowers :)

hi
i'm the original poster ...
thanx for all your answers ...
i finished my recordings ...
1st of all english is not my 'natural' language, so i don't know every word ... ;-)
what i'd like to have when i say more dynamics means less 'cold' , more color, warmer ... sounds too 'digital' for me ...
i always have been disapointed when i was in studio, so i decided to do it myself ... and i prefer learn recording instead going back in a wrong studio
i'm not a big fan of plug in , if i could i would record in an analog way, with my reverb of my deluxe reverb and a watkins echo tape ... but i'm just strating so i have to buy stuff step by step ...
any advice is good to take!
i will try the plug in, i will try different mix ...
i did a lot of sound test just moving the mics and finding the good room
here's a band i really like the sound : the black keys
if you fell like listennig and giving me good tips for that i'll be more than happy :-)

Back