How much is the Studio Projects B1 at your guitar center?

Yeah, the SP B1's are good little mic's!

They're well worth the 100 or so bucks for one.

If that's still out of your budget, and you REALLY want one, keep an eye out on ebay for a used one.

It seems like I got mine for like 100 bucks shipped w/ shock mount and a mic stand off of ebay. (New)

Rick

Hey rich I don't think they come with a shockmount still and I thought only the B3 had a rolloff but I may be wrong there too. And gas used to be 2 dollars a gallon, get over it. :p

ha haaa, I'm not canibus. I wish I had that pseudonym. A google search would prove this. But thanks for the help.

Canibus said:
ha haaa, I'm not canibus. I wish I had that pseudonym. A google search would prove this. But thanks for the help.

I just assumed by your screen name that you were canibus. Sorry I got that wrong and I also apologize for the smart ass comments regarding it. Also I'd like to commend you on responding to that in a civil manner. As soon as I can I'll give you some positive rep back to replace the negative I gave you. You really just need to take things people say around here with a grain of salt. There are a lot of smart mouths on here, but there are also a lot of musical genius's that can help a ton. Now lets all hug and smoke a blunt.

Anyone who comes on the board with a name like "canibus," and then asks what the best price is he can get on a mic ... at a strore that doesn't even carry it ... fully deserves to be ragged on heavily. I call that "due diligence."

Welcome to the board.

chessrock said:
Anyone who comes on the board with a name like "canibus," and then asks what the best price is he can get on a mic ... at a strore that doesn't even carry it ... fully deserves to be ragged on heavily. I call that "due diligence."

Welcome to the board.

Well that's kinda how I felt about the situation but sometimes I'm just a little too cynical. Everyone needs a little chessrock now and again.

the ladies tell you they need a "little" chessrock now and again??? haha, sorry chess... couldn't resist!!!

HEHEHE

Jacob

Jacobi1211 said:
the ladies tell you they need a "little" chessrock now and again??? haha, sorry chess... couldn't resist!!!

HEHEHE

Jacob

They couldn't possibly handle the entire manliness that is chessrock.

jonnyc said:
You really just need to take things people say around here with a grain of salt. There are a lot of smart mouths on here, but there are also a lot of musical genius's that can help a ton. Now lets all hug and smoke a blunt.

LOL whistles innocently

I've had a day of repping, repping, repping in da name of de lord

Yes aye
S :D

Basically, what I'm suggesting to the guy is that the SP B1 is a good choice. Buy two of them and do some stereo recording with them. Simply amazing.

:cool:

kid klash said:
Basically, what I'm suggesting to the guy is that the SP B1 is a good choice. Buy two of them and do some stereo recording with them. Simply amazing.

:cool:
im going to be doing rap so do i really need stereo. I thought you could record mono and still get your voice coming out from both speakers. Im confused now. Can someone explain this to me?

You pan a mono source left or right, but it's a mono source being monitored in stereo when it's panned centrally..............1 mic coming through 2 speakers (stereo)

I once acheived a great vocal sound with 2 AKG C1000s at a 90degree X panning one hard & one hard right & using a neuman TLM 103 about a foot away panned centraly to focus the sound should it end up being monitored in mono

I can't get my mouth to do rap my head can do it but my jaw ends up feeling like it's run a marothon carrying me on it's teeth??????????LOL

S :D

Back