How much is the Studio Projects B1 at your guitar center?

Canibus

I couldve sworn when i called last they said it was $100 but i seen some people on this board say they have got it for a cheaper price. I dont want to pay that much since i only have about $50 now. Also, I heard studio projects have made revisions of their b1's, like they put a pad on some. Is that one still $100. Also, it comes with a shockmount too? what a good deal.

Canibus said:
dawg there was no reason to be rude. I was just asking a question. if you were going to respond like that, I couldve waited for someone else to respond

Less money on Canibus, more on microphones?

-MD

The SP B1 is still a very popular mic, so I'm not surprised that it's fetching $105 or there abouts. When I bought my two (2-3 years ago), they didn't come with a shockmount. I think they do now. And yes, it looks like they'll soon be shipping with a pad switch and rolloff switch (maybe they're already shipping this new version... not sure). One thing for sure is that it's a good mic for the money.

Humbucker music usually has a good deal on all the SP mics (and other brands too), and sometimes they even throw in a free mic cable and shipping for the price.

http://www.humbuckermusic.com/stprb1miwish.html

I bought my SP B3 from them and got excellent service.

Good luck! :cool:

Canibus said:
naw faggot, canibus is a rapper

No reason to be rude. You aren't gonna get much help when you talk to people like that. He was just saying that considering your rapper name is canibus that you probably smoke it too and that if you were serious about dropping some cash on a mic that you should maybe give up your drug habbit for a week and buy the mic.

I looked around for a while for mine and the cheapest I found it on the net was $92 with free shipping.

Canibus said:
I couldve sworn when i called last they said it was $100 but i seen some people on this board say they have got it for a cheaper price. I dont want to pay that much since i only have about $50 now. Also, I heard studio projects have made revisions of their b1's, like they put a pad on some. Is that one still $100. Also, it comes with a shockmount too? what a good deal.

Well, since it is just as good as mics costing thousands more, a $20 hike is justified. If the mic is not as good, then buy an SM57 and be done with it.

Interesting

I just read a thread where a guy was attacked by multiple people and called a drug addict, all for asking what the going price on a mic is. Bunch of pricks.

undrgrnd studio said:
I just read a thread where a guy was attacked by multiple people and called a drug addict, all for asking what the going price on a mic is. Bunch of pricks.
I hope he survived, without too much permanent damage.

undrgrnd studio said:

After being called a faggot, stop your selctive reading. Guitar Center doesn't sell that mic so chances are he never talked to them about how much it was. If you don't like it get the hell out.

He hit back after he was attacked

I would do the same. Maybe his choice of words was off base, but he didn't start the insults. You attacked the guy for defending himself. You completely overlooked that fact, and instead joined the bandwagon.

I don't know the guy, but all he did was ask a simple question and you and a few others bashed him for it. And it irritated me. What for? To make yourself feel better? It's just stupid. Do what you want. I'm just saying, treat others as you would wish to be treated.

Oh and BTW, you're right he obviously didn't call GC. But he could have been mistaken or just too lazy.

Last edited:
Well lets see here, the two negative comments before "faggot" was thrown out there was, "gas was a dollar a gallon....get over it" and "Less money on canibus, more on mics" which even could be taken as a joke. But the 16 year old "illest alive" couldn't even handle those two little comments. Gonna take way more balls than that to survive on this board. He wasn't bashed, he was ragged on a bit, I've been put in my place several times when I first got on this board, it happens.

Hey, Hey, Hey!! First off, Canibus, I'm sorry if you felt insulted. That wasn't my purpose. I got up at 6:30AM, and for no other purpose than to *help you*, I explained that GC doesn't sell that mic, it costs $100, and it used to cost $80, and posted a link to the best price I know of.
I assure you, if I was busting your balls, I could do a better job of it than that.
Moreover, when I bought mine, I got no hard case, no shock mount, no pad, and no bass rolloff. Even allowing for inflation, the mic is still dirt cheap. You call some guy you don't even know a faggot, and *I'm* insulting you by answering your question? You want to see insulting? Go look in the mirror.-Richie

undrgrnd studio said:
I see where you guys are coming from. But try to be a little more subtle ya know.

Now why'd you go and do that? YOU were right, he was insulted twice for asking a simple question. The "faggot" comment, although childish, was fine by me. It seems they can dish it out but cry fowl when it's dished back.

Canibus,

The B-1 is a great mic, I'm sure it's Studio Projects best seller and for good reason. Save up a few more bucks and get one, you won't regret it.

EDAN said:
Now why'd you go and do that? YOU were right, he was insulted twice for asking a simple question. The "faggot" comment, although childish, was fine by me. It seems they can dish it out but cry fowl when it's dished back.

Canibus,

The B-1 is a great mic, I'm sure it's Studio Projects best seller and for good reason. Save up a few more bucks and get one, you won't regret it.

Well I don't think a single person that responded to him was outta line at all. Nobody said anything close to as harsh as "faggot". Nobody was even that harsh, the kid couldn't take a tiny little dig. I've taken hundreds of them, you just shake them off as a passing comment of off handed joke, you don't take it to heart and start using biased, some say, racist terms. Why is it always the wanna be rappers that take everything so badly. I'd hate to see how this kid would respond in a rap battle.

Back