how far out is this?

Interesting tune. I did cut to the meat and potatoes. I really like that dub bass synth. If you're asking is it too much, it's big but not too much for me.

great thx Rob...Im glad its a regular that commented first...Its big but its not got much sub in it.

I felt the bass was a little too much, but more so, it pumped a lot when the drums and guits kicked in. Not sure what was going on there.

The kid still enjoys your tunes. I'll download this one for him.

sidechaining....Ill try to give it a listen on some speakers...damn Ill have to drag them from the basement..cheers Dave

Sorry Keef, I'm listening on Hphones.
For the 1st 20 second of "band" action I was worried that the bass was lost and may need more "definition" to cut through but it reappeared and is cool It's big bass but it's supposed to be - I'd be disappointed if it wasn't.
Sounds really good - does make me want to hear a norther snarl over the top though.
I look forward to playing it to the post dubs in my class when it's done.

Thats right Ray, the first part the bass is low cut then it comes in...after chilis comment i cut it right back when it comes in and pulled back the side chain too...maybe it sounds a bit better

To me, I think the bass should be a little more prominent in the mix. Trance-like things like this generally have a very strong bass line. I think you could go a little stronger.

Yes I cut it too far

I should just leave the original track, but I get too excited lol

Anyway I've compromised on the ms-20's baseline and stopped the side chain pumping with the kick

I've stuck it in a video as I've one more track to finish before the weekend

Deadlines for no one :D

Good to hear something new from you KC. Analogue wankfest is all good with me! So how did you make it - nice new hardware, those volca boxrs or analogue sounding software?

Plenty of good hooks throughout to keep the interest. Not sure if you're looking for any mix feedback, but some of those bright synths early on are a little too shiny and migrainous to my ear. Other than that, really cool :thumbs up:

I dig a lot of this. I do think the intro drags out a bit too long. Not way too long, but a little. And the outro overstays its welcome a tiny bit as well, but not as much as the intro.

My favorite part was the scalar melodies that first get introduced with the bass notes. I love that Dorian melody in there.

How'd you make the video?

Thanks for sharing!

Edit: Disregard about the video. I just saw it in the thread from the video forum.

Good to hear something new from you KC. Analogue wankfest is all good with me! So how did you make it - nice new hardware, those volca boxrs or analogue sounding software?

Plenty of good hooks throughout to keep the interest. Not sure if you're looking for any mix feedback, but some of those bright synths early on are a little too shiny and migrainous to my ear. Other than that, really cool :thumbs up:

Cheers Rob

Yeah new synths, pittsburgh modular, eurorack, karp odyssey, ms-20...skint now lol

I dig a lot of this. I do think the intro drags out a bit too long. Not way too long, but a little. And the outro overstays its welcome a tiny bit as well, but not as much as the intro.

My favorite part was the scalar melodies that first get introduced with the bass notes. I love that Dorian melody in there.

How'd you make the video?

Thanks for sharing!

Edit: Disregard about the video. I just saw it in the thread from the video forum.

Yeah it drags, Im not sure they were even meant to be an intro or outro i just fleshed out an 8 minute jam from my new modular...no automation you just play it, but i wont be going down the route of 8 minute songs too often, bit of a novelty track.

Back