Iwannamix

How do you mix rap vocals in Nuendo ?

How do you mix rap vocals in Nuendo ?

I have
2 KRK Rokit 5 Monitors
Tascam US-800
Audio Technica AT2035
and Nuendo 4.3 With TONS of VST's

But the thing is when ever i mix in the monitors it sound different to everyone else but me when i show others after i mix it down.

Also the Vocals sound like they're on top of the Vocals and they sound kinda dry what effects should i add ?

Also when mixing, should i save my beat multiple times (Example) one Snare wav. file one kick wav file on synth wav file ?

A bad/hard topic to place yourself into man. Argh.....just use Youtube man...Seriously? Here? Did you read the rules? Do you have any idea what laws are there for?

As far as plugins go I suggest iZotope Nectar, it has awesome presets for many genres of music including rap and r&b. With this plugin you can control all types of aspects in one plugin from eq to reverb, compression and other effects, that way you dont have to use tons of plugins on one track.

For recording vocals I use two tracks, on one track i use a condenser mic and on the other i use a audix i5. the condenser for a nice full sound, and the Audix i5 for catching a higher more sharp tone. when I mix the vocals I put one mic 75% on the left and the other 75% on the right. Using different eq's and plugins on each track. This will give a a very full sounding vocal sound.

I suggest iZotope Nectar, it has awesome presets for many genres of music including rap and r&b.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

But in all seriousness, please use presets and never learn how to actually mix anything. Makes the effort others put in to this more valuable down the road.

At least learn from these presets if you can, tweak them. Don't just roll out with what is included for presets.

There should be a hip-hop vocal preset/"magic button" in there somewhere....I think I remember seeing one before (although the last time I even SAW Nuendo was a loooong time ago!). Maybe it's under R for rap?? Idk... Never used it, but I know a lot of people here that recommend it quite often!

It's possible they may have changed the name of the preset (maybe it was a VST) since I saw my friend use it (it was back in Nuendo two point something)! If you can't find it, then take a screenshot of your tons of VSTs and I will look through them and help you :) :) :)

Here is my friend Novi who used the "magic button" (as I like to call it) on his rap vox. Check out his sounds man....off the hook.

If you don't find it, then just hit me back bruh!

The short answer is: You don't. You use Cubase, because Cubase is for music production and Nuendo is for post production. That's why it costs so much more and doesn't come with all the midi stuff and VSTi's. Nuendo is for movies and TV shows.

I don't know about that. I've mixed many music projects in Nuendo and it does just fine. Besides the 5.1 and post production facilities, there is little apparent difference between the two, IMO.

In fact, with the Nuendo 5 expansion tool kit you get everything you get in Cubase, including the VSTi's, and more. And the advanced routing option is also cool.

Oh, and I've mixed scores and tv shows in Cubase just fine so that angle is also not true.

Cheers :)

I don't know about that. I've mixed many music projects in Nuendo and it does just fine. Besides the 5.1 and post production facilities, there is little apparent difference between the two, IMO.

In fact, with the Nuendo 5 expansion tool kit you get everything you get in Cubase, including the VSTi's, and more. And the advanced routing option is also cool.

Oh, and I've mixed scores and tv shows in Cubase just fine so that angle is also not true.

Cheers :)
I know, I use Nuendo as well. I'm aware of the expansion kit. But the real message I was trying to get across was that this fool obviously stole Nuendo or has much more money than sense for not doing his homework and spending more than $1000 more than he had to.

I cannot imagine someone who would have to ask such a rudimentary question actually spending that much money on a program designed for something other than what he was doing. So he is either a software thief, stupid, or both.

He is only 15 years old. He told me via PM while telling me to 'fu** off a**hole'. Nothin but love for this kid. :D

He is only 15 years old. He told me via PM while telling me to 'fu** off a**hole'. Nothin but love for this kid. :D
So instead of downloading Reaper for free, he pirates one of the most expensive DAW's available? That make a lot of sense.

Of course, now we know why he is asking how to mix. He doesn't want to work for those results either. It would be just easier if we did it for him.

Anyone know where I can free download a fully-qualified mixing/mastering engineer with 35+ years of experience?

Back