how do I get REVERB while recording Sonar 4 pro

bigcolyn

Hey
i aws in a pro sonar studio once and when i was recording my vocals the producer had both compressor and reverb running to my headphones (as i was singnig not after mixing)
this actually made performing a lot easier, pleasing, dynamic, and accurate for me.
anwyays now i use Sonar 4 for recording at home and i just wanna add a basic reverb or echo while i'm recording vocals. i very well know how to ass effects to tracks already recorded but i cant figure out how to add them so that you hear them through headphones or monitors while your recording (and without those actual effects being recorded)

Ps. i see the "input echo" button on each track but i dont think this is the same thing. it just plays back the exact signal a moment after you say it. doesnt sound the same and i dont think its the same function as what im talking about.

Open Sonar, on the help menu, search for "Input monitoring" (not "Input Echo"). It explains pretty well there :)

;)
Jaymz

Ps. i see the "input echo" button on each track but i dont think this is the same thing. it just plays back the exact signal a moment after you say it. doesnt sound the same and i dont think its the same function as what im talking about.
That is the input monitoring button.The reason you hear the delay is because of latency.
You have to adjust the settings on both your soundcard and in Sonar to get the latency to an acceptable level.

Look for "latency" in the manual.

Back