How do i do it?? O:

Alonyamin

Hey guys!! :)
I have some questions about acoustic treatment.
My room is very big one wall is 129.1ft² (square feet) and the other one is 64.5ft² (square feet) and then theres the door and the window.
Im gonna order 18 panels (3 boxes,i think thats enough) of oc703 2 inch and i need to know how to hand them,how to place them?
And do i Have to buy acoustical fabric? because its coast a lot more than a regular fabric...
So heres some pictures of my room:
IMG_4894.JPGIMG_4897.JPGIMG_4898.JPGIMG_4900.JPGIMG_4396.JPG

Make 4" thick traps (double up the 2" OC) with 1x4 frames overwrapped in any breathable material. Cotton sheets work and are cheap. Put the traps in the corners of the (not very big) room - that's 6 of them, then assuming you are going to keep your desk where it is, put one at the first reflection point on the wall with the window (it's probably right where the window is).
the other two - clouds above your mixing area is the best bet. Looks like this is a temporary space, so hang everything wiht hooks so you can move them easily when you move out.

2'x4' is standard size for these insulation panels. If you've got a ceiling height of 8ft, then you can stack one on top of the other in each corner, if the ceiling height is less, then make one panel (for each corner) short enough that you can stack them.

my ceiling is more then 8ft but i have a total of 6 corners in my room,ill draw my room room measurmants and upload.

Back