How can I make this better? Any suggestion?

The acoustic rhythm guitar is so low it's almost unheard in the verse. In the chorus the electric rhythm guitar is fizzy and really screws up the sound interfering with the BG vocals.

Pretty much what mjb said, but I think you should just redo the electric rhythm guitar as it has way too much treble and not nearly enough bass or mids. But all in all, it's a very nice song and mixing job. I like the vocals, too. Good work.

Hi Zoel, I think the vocal might come down just a tad and be okay. It's nice and level throughout, nice work with that. I would probably cut a little 2k-3k in the overdriven guitar during the chorus, it seems pretty edgy as is. Maybe bring down the electric solo just a bit? Sounds pretty good to me already, these are pretty minor things I think. . .

I listened to the mp3 in the OP.

Please check the modified version.

What other changes do I need? Please suggest.
Thank you

Attachments

• timilai final.mp3
    3.8 MB · Views: 5
The drums hit really hard in my headphones, maybe bring down their levels (kick especially) or add some/more compression to tame the transients? Everything else sounds really good to me, good mix!

I'd check the reverb used on the drum kit. Some people use verb on the entire kit, some use it on certain pieces like the snare and toms. I thought the rim shot was very up front and dead sounding when it first comes in. though, for some reason, it seems to blend better later in the song....

Back