Hopefully picking this up

dogooder

tomorrow for $150. It is all lined up but who knows. If it doesn't work I have been inside them before. If I can get parts I can make it work.
What y'all think.

Ensoniq KT-76 Synthesizer​

I have a ZR76 I picked up for a hundred, it's a fun keyboard to mess with. Old but fun.

Picked it up today, looks almost brand new and is fully functional. I think I got me a steal.

Got me thinking. I had been using a Kawai K3 for a while in my early digital/MIDI days. Then came the great liquidation of nought-9. I had sold a couple guitars to one of the local Pawn Shops, but there were two items they wouldn't touch. One was my Ovation 6-string, because there was the slightest bit of discoloration on the battery terminals - perfect condition otherwise. The other was the K3. That was in perfect, like-new condition. I had to use a hand truck to wheel it into the store and before I got two feet inside they were all shaking their heads "no" and grinning. They said there was absolutely no market for keyboards of any kind. Said their back room was stacked to the ceiling with keyboards they couldn't move. I couldn't give that thing away. It went with the final liquidation of a storage unit.

I had no clue eBay even existed at the time or I would've put it out there. Reverb was years later.

What
tomorrow for $150. It is all lined up but who knows. If it doesn't work I have been inside them before. If I can get parts I can make it work.
What y'all think.

Ensoniq KT-76 Synthesizer​

[
Yes, I know this feeling. I have shown restraint. I have the power to walk home with the whole candy store..but.was weak a couple times now..I grabbed a $200 Gretsch bass, and some 'obsolete' line 6 rack ProXT's for $85. The $60 amp had to go back defective. but yeah somethings up...its in the water.

KORG was my thing. How I ended on a 2001 Fantom X6..?..what a mistake. I'd got a hankering to sell all my Roland stuff.

KOrg had the 01/RW and the M3R and the wavestation(rack 1U versions of the M1 and M3). The really shitty 16 bit machines that sound so fantastic. An AI/AI2 can be had for $100. Working fine. Its a crime. $220 for a TRITON...The world is ending.

Wavestation was first to have the Legendary Korg input preamp. For the 'VOCODER' . Stereo/dual mono input. The preamps triode eventually evolving to the Korg NuTube Cathode Triode bank. That Korg Nutube comes as a kit. And will be implemented more and more...As a NEW type of tube amplifiers. Watch those cathodes burn a familiar glow!

'Those eyes they glowed'
'Over here'
'Were all gonna die'
'Get to the Chopper!'
Screenshot 2023-01-29 034358.jpg

Here it is in kit form. Microtube Preamp. Place a window smartly so you can seem them working in the machine!. 55 steps/ 2-3 hr build time.
Screenshot 2023-01-28 195441.jpgKORGNutubePreampDIY.jpg
korgWindowNutube.jpg
KORG Nutube amplifiers coming soon! NuClass tube amps. Suppose to make digital, tube again.

Last edited:
I had a Korg MS20 (original generation). Got it when polyphonic synths were getting huge, so picked it up used for less than $150, though the cv inputs would allow me to get creative, but not really. Languished in the dark, dusty and damp basement for quite a few years, when I finally plugged it in, one of the oscillators was wonky, so I put it on Ebay and sold it for $200. Probably worth 5 times that now!
Had a Kawai (not sure of the model) for a while during my Beatles band time, never could get it to communicate to my computer, so could nor get anythinh updated on it, so I used it for the horns and strings sounds. When the band broke up, sold it for $25 more than I paid.
Used synths are a very specialized market these days - people wanting specific sounds (and the 'old' ways to control them), as you can pretty much get anything you want with a virtual synth.

At the LBC its all it is/was. The 'kids' had floor pedals. Big ones that went to the house PA. That was it. Guitar guy had a floor thing, Bass dude, and the vocalist had a voice thing for harmonies and pitch. Sounded awesome. Very lite on gear. I couldnt identify any of it..Perhaps a Helix floor unit? TC Helicon VoiceFloor4?

I had a Korg MS20 (original generation). Got it when polyphonic synths were getting huge, so picked it up used for less than $150, though the cv inputs would allow me to get creative, but not really. Languished in the dark, dusty and damp basement for quite a few years, when I finally plugged it in, one of the oscillators was wonky, so I put it on Ebay and sold it for $200.
Probably thousands now..I do that too...
Probably worth 5 times that now!
Yep.
Had a Kawai
MS20, really thats a nice one. You could plug a guitar in as an external signal too. or voice. Very telephone operator with the cables back and forth..
Korg has these EX8000's now about 1$-2000..Yikes.

=---=

If these floor controllers are in use, more what's a nice one for the bass or guitar? I never got into em.

Last edited:
Really? I've seen bands with laptops in use for them. One decent keyboard/MIDI controller is all they need.
Good for you, really. I am not about to rely on a computer on stage. Now you have to bring extra gear like a midi controller. Not my thing or the folks I play with. i play guitar and have played with a lot of keyboard players and not one yet has had a computer on stage?

The touring shows that go to larger theatres often use MainStage on MacBook Pros - Loads of useful stuff for live playing - load in sounds, create layers, splits and zones - plus some nice reverbs and stuff. All the people I have seen using it really get on with it. It is NOT simple or even that friendly, but it does a great job.

Its the way of the future.

Ensonique is that a Rompler, or actual hard synth?

Is a Rompler any better than a VSTi if you have a decent interface ?

My hard synths are Romplers.. Im sad.

I have one of these but there are really no good videos of what these beast are capable of.....
It sits all alone in a corner and rarely gets used...but every once in a while I take a trip into outer space with it. It is quite a glorious time.
Perhaps next time I do I should make a video that really shows what an amazing little magic box it is.
Understand this demo just brushes the surface of it's capabilities 100 presets on each Plugin...and it has a vocoder...it's a beast.

Thats nice shit. My shit is junk. It doesn't go back to that cool of an era. Late 80's prosumer...rack. 16 bit greatness.

20230223_214006.jpg
If you leave them alone in the dark...they multiply.

Thats nice shit. My shit is junk. It doesn't go back to that cool of an era. Late 80's prosumer...rack. 16 bit greatness.

View attachment 126332
If you leave them alone in the dark...they multiply.
I had that M3r it was super nice for a good price a million years ago. The Plugiator was next iteration of the Creamware mutineers..the exact plugs all in one box...for a nominal fee..It is truly a unicorn of amazement in VSTi technology of the first iterations

I am 71, I am not worried about the future.
I am 57, I worry all the time. All I wish for is to be happy and healthy and have enough money to have a decent life...
I have ambition .... to get back in a band....and play some nice happy gigs.... to be able to sort out my music room and record some songs... to play golf in the sun and get back to 5 handicap.... to not have stress or worry in my life... to get back from 188lbs to 154lbs again and be fit... to cut down on alcohol....
Most of all...just to be happy xxxx

Back