Hook up to mic/line-in/digital-in

HyperAXISZ2

Hey all,
I'm new here so I'm going to have a lot of questions. I searched the forum and net for this answer, but I can't seem to find it... Say I want to hook a digital piano/amped electric guitar/Casio keyboard up to my pc directly (w/o a mixer or preamp or any other gear)... As far as I know, I only have a microphone-in port and a digital-in port, I don't think I have a line-in port though... Anyway, the noise is horrible (very very noticeable noise), and I have a Soundblaster 24-bit Live card... I adjusted the recording volume levels, but it's just as horrible... am I hooking it up to the wrong port? Are you supposed to hook devices like that into the line-in port or the microphone port? I don't think the sound card is the reason for the loud noise... because it's a 24-bit card, and a brand name card too...

Then what am I doing wrong? Thanks :)

No replies? I can't find the answer anywhere - the noise level is so high, and I can't figure out why??? :confused:

a digital piano hooked up to the microphone slot of my soundblaster live 24-bit card... i am supposed to use the line-in slot instead, or do you think it's my sound card?

Back