Holy crap... he really DID play our songs... :o)

WATYF

...happier than you.
Well... for all those who were getting all up-in-arms aboot Dave Baker comin' around pimpin' his talk show, I figured you might wanna know that he actually did what he said he would.

On today's show he did an interview with Steely Dan's producer...

...then he proceeded to describe a very familiar figure around these parts.... Mr. Erland Cooper. :D He told Coop's story of traveling Spain and France while on his 33 song summer sessions challenge... and then he played "Runaway Rosie".

After that, he played Jamal's "Last Hurrah". :p

It was like an HR.com showcase. :D

I must say... it was pretty nifty hearin' some of "our" stuff on a radio show.

I can't really say his invitation qualifies as spam anymore... seeing how he hasn't taken anything (or even asked for anything) from us, while at the same time giving us a valuable tool and offering us exposure that we otherwise wouldn't have gotten. Sounds to me like he's another Waldo (a la NoWhereRadio).

Just wanted to fill y'all in. (Especially Erland and Jamal, in case you didn't know he was gonna play yer stuff. :) )

WATYF

Last edited:
Nope... no mention of the BBS (that I heard). He just said that the submissions were emailed in (thank God :p).

WATYF

cool!...was it awesome?...i havent heard it ....did you call in?..lol..

i think i have to wait till next week to hear it on the archive.

:D

jamal, hehehe your a star...! damn! :)

this will be a cool archive to listen to with a bag of popcorn and coke.

Last edited:
See,you guys were getting your panties all wrinkled up over nothing.

I read his original post and it was NOT spam.

Jamal Bucket said:
cool!...was it awesome?...i havent heard it ....did you call in?..lol..

i think i have to wait till next week to hear it on the archive.

The archive is up already...

Click Here

WATYF

Didn't you see the end of his original thread?

Newbies become oldies and I would never say no to more new friends and the more people that take an interest in music the better. That way society learns to value it more, more jobs, etc.

Anyway, i did mention the site but i doubt the market would be big enough to really create a problem.

Congrats guys, hope you enjoyed.

Edit - Okay, this Dave character is obviously insane... he's apparently going to spin one of my tunes too.

ON STRICT CONDITION OF ANONYMITY, which is cool.

Thanks Dave, if you ever come back and read this, lmao.

Chris

I went to the n-Tracks forum and read his post.

First he kisses ass all round, then he trashes this site, calling EVERYBODY here paranoid trolls.

"Anyway, thank you guys here for putting up with my pimping my show out on this forum and for your participation in the show. And if you know anyone over at that other forum, tell 'em to take a shower and put on some pants. I heard some excellent stuff from some of them but it's not worth posting there again given the level of hysteria."

Then as you see above, he admits he's pimping stuff (remember why some people criticized him - it was for pimping his stuff in a no-pimping zone, remember?), and then he accuses us one more time, this time of being immature and guilty of hysteria. Hysteria? Fuck me, that thread he posted here was MILD. So, who got hysterical? I can only think of one person.

I don't think he's very perceptive, tolerant or balanced. I'm not sending any of my stuff to his Very Important Radio Station.

Two things though: I like 'take a shower and put on some pants' LOL. The old double imperative - 'Wake up and smell the coffee'. LOL Plus, he promised not to post here again. Amen.

AMEN!

I was starting to think I was the only one who wasn't impressed by this arrogant, disrespectful "Dave" prick. Geez, we actually DARED to have a DISCUSSION about whether we wanted guys like him posting here.

That's HYSTERICAL? This guy is a fucking ego queen.

I still think that the issue of whether he's legit or not is beside the point. The point was: do we want everyone with a radio show or some product to promote or some thing to hype to be coming HERE, posting in the MP3 clinic.

But I submit to the majority decision.

I still think you guys are sucking his dick way too much though...

It's INTERNET radio, guys.

Cripes.

Chris
(I still love you all though:))

[rant]

Guys... really. Lighten the hell up.

Nobody's sucking anything. :p

I really think there's just a whole hell of a lot of over-reacting going on about this. Sure... there's nothing wrong with a peacable debate about spam... but geez... now we're turning on each other, and insulting him, and slamming his show, and a bunch of other unnecessary sh#t... geez... give me a break already.

I see him the same way I see Waldo (forgive me for making the comparison yet again). He is offering us something that costs us NOTHING!!!! And yes, he may (or may not) receive some kind of benefit from it directly or indirectly... but who cares. He came here to say, "Hey... I hear you guys make good music, and I play home recorded music on a show... so send me your stuff." That is NO different then Waldo coming here and saying, "Hey, I hear you guys like to share MP3's... well I have a site that will host your MP3's for free... check it out". How many of us would be worse off if some angry mob had chased off Waldo the first time he showed up here??

It's harmless... he's not selling anything... he's not taking anything... it's not a freaking big deal. Just shut the hell up already.

*sigh*

I usually don't get so involved in this crap... but it's petty, over-reactive attitudes like this that have chased off very beneficial members of this board (i.e. Harvey). Just get your panties out of a wad and stop trying to jump down somebody's throat at the slightest miniscule sign of possible spam.

:rolleyes:

[/rant]

WATYF

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

much better. :D

Back