Hmmmm????

listening right now...................

nice sound on this one dude. good 90's metal/shoegazer vibe......the vocals around 2:00 start going out of time with themselves.

that driving 1/4 note beat that sounds like a hammer hitting a cowbell gets kinda cumbersome afterawhile, but the rest of the drum track is pretty nice.

as far as the bass i like the bass guitar where it is but the mix as a whole is kinda fighting for the same freq.....

dude .....i just have to say that i love the vocals(other than the nit)they kick ass!

i keep getting the feeling that Layne from A>I>C is getting channeled into the vox:D

don't know what eles to add? nice work...i think this is my fav so far!

The levels seem fine, but I don't think the overdubs are working too good, they get a bit off at times and it gets a little hazy. I think if you just redid the dubs you'd be fine.

Not bad hatboy. Guitars sound great - a little loud or over-the-top, but good tone. Vocals sound okay too, maybe they could use more air. The 'drums' sound pretty bad to me though. They need to be much 'bigger'. Boomier. Bigger drums will mesh with those loud guitars better. The cowbell is a nice touch. All in all though, a pretty cool song. Good job. :)

Greg_L said:
Not bad hatboy. Guitars sound great - a little loud or over-the-top, but good tone. Vocals sound okay too, maybe they could use more air. The 'drums' sound pretty bad to me though. They need to be much 'bigger'. Boomier. Bigger drums will mesh with those loud guitars better. The cowbell is a nice touch. All in all though, a pretty cool song. Good job. :)
How do I give the vocals more "air"? Thanks in advance. :D

myhatbroke said:
Oh cool ok. As for the drums, I can't turn them up any higher cus it'll peak. So should I just turn down the guits?
Uh, yeah. That would be the logical thing to do.

I don't think it sounds bad at all. Compress the vox some more, and do like greg said...boost the higs, or drop the lows a bit. Maybe make a big cut of everything below 200, ans slope all the lower stuff some. That will in effect, boost the highs. Massive compression will make the vocals sound closer to the mic, but will boost some lows. Gotta cut lows at that point.

Guitars sound good though...just drop them in volume to bring the drums up.

hey you're getting better at this mr hat, haha.

do you have the W1 limiter plugin? http://www.yohng.com/w1limit.html

it's my secret weapon on certain rock vocals. you can smash them pretty good and it helps them stand out better, without totally destroying the sound. (no guarantees though, i'm not even sure if it's a good idea to use this type of limiter on vocal tracks, but i do it anyway haha)

yeah i would lower the hi hat slightly, and that "shaker" sound needs to come down a little bit too. but overall this is some good work, it sounds pretty big and full.

zed32 said:
hey you're getting better at this mr hat, haha.

do you have the W1 limiter plugin? http://www.yohng.com/w1limit.html

it's my secret weapon on certain rock vocals. you can smash them pretty good and it helps them stand out better, without totally destroying the sound. (no guarantees though, i'm not even sure if it's a good idea to use this type of limiter on vocal tracks, but i do it anyway haha)

yeah i would lower the hi hat slightly, and that "shaker" sound needs to come down a little bit too. but overall this is some good work, it sounds pretty big and full.
Actually I'm using the limiter from the other site you showed me. THANKS AGAIN for that. I also use a multiband compressor. It is seriously an AWESOME tool designed by Jesus Christ himself. SO yeah I use the limiter and the multiband compressor on the over all mix to make it louder and reduce certain freq that stand out. I have a reg compressor on the vox but I think I swept too many mids and added flanger to it which buries it in certain parts. I will repost a better version in a few days, this was a rough cut. I haven't even recorded the full solo at the end. I'm just waiting for more input and I'm resting my ears :D

yeah the master limiter is nice for boosting the overall mix. the W1 works well for that too. but you should try swapping out the regular comp you have on the vocals and try the W1. see if you like the sound of it. it doesn't always work great for everything, but i've found that i like what it does on rock vocals.

MHB
This is pretty flash -all I'd ask for is a little more defiinition on the bass as it rumbles really well but doesn't have any top I can cue to.
The dual vocals work really well.

Great guitar sound on this..very full and crunchy.Agree with Rayc bout the bass...tighten it up and it would put this mix over the top!

Back