Hissing monitors

Schwarzenyaeger

Formerly "Dog-In-Door"
I got a pair of KRK Rokit 8s and they have a hiss no matter what volume I have on. The hiss is always the same volume.

I'm using 1m TRS to XLR cables to connect them to my interface. They are both plugged into the same extension cord. I live in the UK, if that helps with anything.
I have them set to volume 0dB and 0dB "high level adjust" on the back of the speakers.

Is there a hiss when you have no cable plugged into them? How about if the cable is plugged into them, but not into your interface?
I have heard (here) that the KRKs can have some hiss, but when you are listening to music at normal levels, you can't hear it.

I have KRK G8 G2's, I don't hear any hiss. I have the volume on the back at 0 and control from a mixer. The hiss maybe coming from an over driven interface.

I am sure there is some hiss, but I haven't noticed it.

The hiss is there even when I unplug them from the interface. Turning the interface's volume up or down does not influence the level of hiss. Adjusting the hi-freq thingy makes it sound a bit duller.

If I listen at normal volumes though, it's unnoticeable. It's just annoying to have a silent sssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh in the background when the sound is on pause.

I used to get hiss from my old KRK V6 monitors, basically the only way to get rid of it was to move the toroidal transformer inside, it wasn't an easy job at all as it was huge and very heavy, mine really annoyed me with the constant buzzing until I fixed it.

I just turned on my system, and what hiss I get is so low (I had to crank up the monitors on the my mixer and stick my ear to the speaker) I couldn't tell it was there. But be something either wrong with the speakers or there is some other interference.

Back