Hip Hop Beats

okay pm sent! threw something together with stock sounds just so you'd get an idea of where the kicks and snares should go to sound on point.

there's a second snare pattern (of 4 snares) that you can also use with faster songs in the future. then you'd arrange the kicks and hats accordingly to fit them. hope it helps.

well done XXL

if its all a bit much i can give you some midi files kuwi...breakbeat stuff that you can maybe manipulate

before I felt comfortable making my own beats I use to use the kick and/or snare from a midi file and build on top of it...soon you start doing it all and the patterns become visual as well as audible...I still use fills from midi files if it all gets a bit much, that's what they're for :)

well done XXL

if its all a bit much i can give you some midi files kuwi...breakbeat stuff that you can maybe manipulate

before I felt comfortable making my own beats I use to use the kick and/or snare from a midi file and build on top of it...soon you start doing it all and the patterns become visual as well as audible...I still use fills from midi files if it all gets a bit much, that's what they're for :)

thanks k. same here.

i asked him because i know how helpful it was for me to see the project files when i first started out. that way i could see how it was done and what i needed to do in order to achieve what i wanted to create. went from using and editing existing projects to make my own tunes to then finally doing my own from scratch (with what i had learned observing and the techniques i caught along the way by experimenting).

up to this day i still find myself checking flp files or daw project files because i still frequently learn new things by doing so. so that's why i like to help with this because i know how helpful it can be.

Kick still sounds off. They all sound slightly behind the piano, the bass/kick part always comes in a millisecond late or something. Like the attack needs to be sharper, its very subtle. You can hear it most clearly when the piano loop ends/restarts.

What tempo is this at ?

simple answer is you need some better drum samples, these ones are horrid, i dont know if your using eq,reverb, compression on em but you should be trying that also

Back