Hip Hop Beats

thats fuckin tight my man. really feelin the piano and strings beautiful.

i got sum i need to ask ya if u could answer the pm i sent ya. regardin where to post the traks? way peace.
Thanks man. It doesn't show that you sent me any PM though. :confused:

... I was afraid that you guys weren't going to like it.

Irrelevant. Weather one likes it or not. This isn't myspace. A majority of the people here will critique how stuff is mixed levels, eq's etc etc.

Only a few assholes like myself will pick your genere apart.

Which i won't Casue it sounds like you got the creativity but...

Something is really outta whack with the timing of your snare bro. It just doesn't sound pulled together like its notched out of time somehow??

NOt sure what it is but there is some signifigant timing issues with 'em. Espically noticeable at the end.

Just a question are these all hand triggered samples into a daw by any chance, then looped?

Snare sounds good.

But your kick requires more guts. its lacking street cred.

Anyways. itd be pretty gnar if you clean it up a bit. good work.

Irrelevant. Weather one likes it or not. This isn't myspace. A majority of the people here will critique how stuff is mixed levels, eq's etc etc.

Only a few assholes like myself will pick your genere apart.

Which i won't Casue it sounds like you got the creativity but...

Something is really outta whack with the timing of your snare bro. It just doesn't sound pulled together like its notched out of time somehow??

NOt sure what it is but there is some signifigant timing issues with 'em. Espically noticeable at the end.

Just a question are these all hand triggered samples into a daw by any chance, then looped?

Snare sounds good.

But your kick requires more guts. its lacking street cred.

Anyways. itd be pretty gnar if you clean it up a bit. good work.
No they aren't samples at all. I played all this on a keyboard than looped them. than they were mixed in sony vegas.

NOt sure what it is but there is some signifigant timing issues with 'em.

Big time. The timing of the drums overall is off and it's really distracting. I also thought it needed a hi-hat or something to tie the beat together and make it flow. As it is now, it stumbles.

Piano sounds nice, and the mood of the tune is cool.

No they aren't samples at all. I played all this on a keyboard than looped them.

Thats almost exactly what i asked. And what i suspected.

I would probably consider redoing the drums paying closer attention to the timing and stuff.

If your keyboard has a metronome, try retracking the drums and piano along with the same tempo. I thin kthe dynamic of your song will improve immensely.

Rami is right the atmosphere is awesome. I liek this style of what your going after. Its coming, just bring it all together a little tighter...

I think everything but the kick/snare sounds pretty good. The basic piano/strings combo works well and you captured a good sound. The drums don't work at all in my opinion. The rhythm seems really stunted and it kind of needs to be dead on for this sort of thing. I don't really think the drum sounds work too well either...they need more meat to 'em.

Tighten up the drums and get a bigger kick sound going and this could sound so much better...:)

What's so bad about them?
Did you not read the posts in this thread????
Something is really outta whack with the timing of your snare bro. It just doesn't sound pulled together like its notched out of time somehow??NOt sure what it is but there is some signifigant timing issues with 'em. Espically noticeable at the end.

The timing of the drums overall is off and it's really distracting.

The drums don't work at all in my opinion. The rhythm seems really stunted and it kind of needs to be dead on for this sort of thing.

I gotta be honest, since I listen to instrumentals all day and such,
I really just don't see what's wrong with this?

The drums seem perfectly fine to me.

Did I stutter?
Yes I'm serious.
They sounded perfectly on beat.

But if you insist on making such a huge issue about it,
Recreate the beat and align the drums where -you- would have them.
Simple enough way to get your view across.

Did I stutter?
Yes I'm serious.
They sounded perfectly on beat.

But if you insist on making such a huge issue about it,
Recreate the beat and align the drums where -you- would have them.
Simple enough way to get your view across.
ROFL!!! :D :D :D Relax, Sally.

Are you serious again??? The dude posted his song to get opinions. He got those opinions, and at least 3 people noticed something off with the drums. If you think the drums are fine, that's cool. You stated that. I just couldn't believe you were serious, so I wanted to make sure.:eek:

I've got way better things to do with my time then re-create someone else's beat just to demonstrate something that should be painfully obvious. :)

Last edited:
Ya know, after posting it, I thought "Aw man, I probably came off as really worked up" lol,
I was just stating that I guess I thought they fit really well.

I'm just curious as to how you would have had the drumming arrangement is all.

Back