Hi-hats and cymbals.

In my church we have Zildjian A custom and i love them. except for the hi-hat. we have 14" mastersound and im not to fond of them. we have a 12" splash, a 14" and 16" crash which I love. an 18" china which is awesome and a 20" ride which is alright (i've heard that the A custom ping & projection rides are bad ass).

Drummer706 said:
we have 14" mastersound and im not to fond of them.

are they the A Custom Mastersounds or the regular A Mastersounds. Zildjian makes both, and I'm not at all fond of the Customs. They're too "brassy" and "harsh" sounding for me. i far prefer the 13" A Mastersounds.

Drummer706 said:
(i've heard that the A custom ping & projection rides are bad ass).

I'm not too fond of the A Custom Ping either. It's a fine cymbal, but it's a little too "aggressive" sounding for me. i prefer a more subtle wash.....and for the money i far prefer the 22" Sabian Paragon ride. IMO, it sounds just like what a Zildjian Ping Ride oughta sound like.

YMMV of course

cheers,
wade

PhilGood said:
They are also the most recorded hi hats in history.

OK I know this isn't the place to brag. Last summer I went to a garage sale that my realty company was hosting. I saw a guy draging out some cymbals on stands. A set of new beats from the early 80's and 14" 16" and 18" medium thin crashes also the same age. Entire set with stands, 50 bucks. I hope they're the same new beats you're talking about and btw they were all in pristine condition.

jonnyc said:
OK I know this isn't the place to brag. Last summer I went to a garage sale that my realty company was hosting. I saw a guy draging out some cymbals on stands. A set of new beats from the early 80's and 14" 16" and 18" medium thin crashes also the same age. Entire set with stands, 50 bucks. I hope they're the same new beats you're talking about and btw they were all in pristine condition.

When I was in high school, this was the exact set our school's kit had. They were magical! I borrowed the hats and the 16" crash and everyone in my band commented how good they sounded. I've gone through about 10 sets of my own cymbals, always trying to get sound that good. The closest I ever came to getting it was when I finally bought a full set of Paiste 2002's. Those exceeded the sound and I was very happy. But the memory of how good those Zildjians sounded has always been the benchmark for what I perceive as true quality.

Back