Hey warble2 !

bsr2002

Denny Crane
My Motif6 classic has been going out of tune about a 1/2 step. I'm only noticing it on the synth lead patches so far. I actually heard it go down at a rehearsal :mad:

Maybe you know what is causing it? I've been to Motifator and know one's sure :(

Anyways when I turn it on initially its OK, but when on awhile it will go out. So far correcting it on a live situation I've been pushing the button of a previous paych and then pressing the synth patch back, hope I'm making sense.

Right now I took my ES out of the studio to gig. I really hate to do that cause I've got max sampling dimms in my classic and the VH-100 in it :(

i dont have a motif.. but is there a setting on the motif where you can transpose up or down?... i know i could do it on my triton

Sounds bizzarre. Kind of thing you'd sometimes see on an analog synth after the years roll by. The buttons on the Motif 6 are for octave transpose, correct? I could see if they were key transpose buttons maybe there would be a glitch with the down button, something with the actual button or circuitry.

I'm assuming you have the latest OS on it? Don't think there was ever an issue such as yours, but having the latest OS isn't a bad idea. Did you get any kind of response from Yamaha people at Motifator? I found their boards pretty helpful in the past.

Personally, I would head to a local service center in your area (probably what Yamaha support would advise you to do) and have them check it out. I've used this link to find local service:

http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/Service/ServicerLocator/0,,VNM=LIVE,00.html

Sounds bizzarre. Kind of thing you'd sometimes see on an analog synth after the years roll by. The buttons on the Motif 6 are for octave transpose, correct? I could see if they were key transpose buttons maybe there would be a glitch with the down button, something with the actual button or circuitry.

I'm assuming you have the latest OS on it? Don't think there was ever an issue such as yours, but having the latest OS isn't a bad idea. Did you get any kind of response from Yamaha people at Motifator? I found their boards pretty helpful in the past.

Personally, I would head to a local service center in your area (probably what Yamaha support would advise you to do) and have them check it out. I've used this link to find local service:

http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/Service/ServicerLocator/0,,VNM=LIVE,00.html

I'm going to try resetting the factory pre sets and see what that does and leave it on for awhile and see what it does. If it's the same I will take it in.

Thanks warble2

Sounds bizzarre. Kind of thing you'd sometimes see on an analog synth after the years roll by.

thats exactly what i was thinking.. with all the recalibrations of older moog oscillators

having that happen in an all digital environment seems almost impossible.. which leads me to think its a transposition setting

thats exactly what i was thinking.. with all the recalibrations of older moog oscillators

having that happen in an all digital environment seems almost impossible.. which leads me to think its a transposition setting

My transpose settings are set to 0

have you tried backing the unit up and then doing a factory reset?

does transpose run globally on that unit?

Back