hey a super critic

This is my point.

WATYF said:
You have heard his stuff... the whole point is that he's a regular clinic member who wants to voice what he really thinks under a pseudonym.

That's what's got me confused. I have a hard time saying anything on this forum cause I don't feel worthy. This is mainly because you haven't heard my stuff. There's so much talent here that the whole reason you take stuff to heart when you hear it is because you truly respect the persons opinion. I just don't know why anyone wouldn't be able to say what they REALLY think by using anything than there well earned NAME. Anyway, maybe I should post before I talk anymore. Not that'll be great, but because I'm proud of my songs and my NAME. Bash me, I might cry, but only because I care what you think.
-ok

IP for our hero is 24.106.135.9

...maybe a little searching/diggin' would reveal all...

Alteast he/she checked out all my 6 tunes on NWR!

Now, where are the rest my my reviews?
:mad:

My 2 cents:
Everybody posting songs here has a different reference point. Many may strive for a *super* song/execution and mix, but I and possibly others aren't there ....chase the kids out of the family and hit record before the valves are warm, and press stop when GI Joe has killed Shredder one to many times, and "it just isn't fair anymore Dad!"

.....do people want to listen to these 5 minute takes? ...or do we need a minimum standard to qualify....we could do an affirmative action thing and give points based on say, your gear, how many kids you have, and we could all swear the oath of *super recording/mixing engineer*!

;)

/Dara

Re: IP for our hero is 24.106.135.9

mcmd said:
.....do people want to listen to these 5 minute takes? ...or do we need a minimum standard to qualify....we could do an affirmative action thing and give points based on say, your gear, how many kids you have, and we could all swear the oath of *super recording/mixing engineer*!

;)

/Dara [/B]

MCMD, If that's the case, I'm out.
I'm gonna go find your songs right now.
-joe

very cool

second listen on Hope YeeeeeeHaaaaaah indeed.
I love it , I wish I could play like that.
very cool
-oko

a_super_critic said:
"wrong" yourself.

:p

Two times now I've seen you "gush" over lousy deathmetal songs that were sub-standard recordings, which I would have given two giant thumbs-down to. Sorry man... you're a creature of taste, just like everybody else. I don't care if you're a professional musician who's made platinum records. You're still subject to the same narrow-minded subjectivity that ever other human being is subject to.

I'd say your critiques are 35% legitimate input, 65% overbearing assertion of your personal tastes.

Trust me... I know. I used to be just like you. I thought I was the standard by which all songs should be judged....

...then I grew up. :p

WATYF

WATYF said:
"wrong" yourself.

Two times now I've seen you "gush" over lousy deathmetal songs that were sub-standard recordings, which I would have given two giant thumbs-down to. Sorry man... you're a creature of taste, just like everybody else. I don't care if you're a professional musician who's made platinum records. You're still subject to the same narrow-minded subjectivity that ever other human being is subject to.

I'd say your critiques are 35% legitimate input, 65% overbearing assertion of your personal tastes.

Trust me... I know. I used to be just like you. I thought I was the standard by which all songs should be judged....

WATYF

WELL SAID...BEST DAMNED THING I'VE HEARD ALL DAY.
And furthermore...why do we continue to waste our time on this person? This person is too much of a coward to reveal who they are anyway and probably never will.
Would it really matter if this person felt so inclined to "critique" your work in a negative OR positive way, now that we have seen what kind of person Super Critic is? I, for one have better things to do to take any of it to heart much less read the crap. I would advise everyone to do the same. Smooches :)

chrisharris said:
Hrm...funny. He's older than both of you. Of course, I'm speaking in terms of chronological years, lol.

Funny, I don't recall super critic mentioning his/her age. I don't see where he/she mentioned that in the profile either. Not to say that I suspect anyone. Would you happen to know who this person is and you're holding out on us?

chrisharris said:
Hrm...funny. He's older than both of you. Of course, I'm speaking in terms of chronological years, lol.
You and I both know that "growing up" has nothing to do with chronological age....

I mean, geez..... just look at you.

:D :D :D

(sorry man... you walked right into that one. :p)

WATYF

bdbdbucksKID said:
Funny, I don't recall super critic mentioning his/her age. I don't see where he/she mentioned that in the profile either. Not to say that I suspect anyone. Would you happen to know who this person is and you're holding out on us?
Hell yes I know who it is, lol. In fact, call me paranoid, but my search turned up a whole damned family. They're not all trolling, per se. There's one who kinda' specializes in "live sound," and another couple (or 3) who are more into "shredding" and stuff.

He seems to use some of the lesser known personalities to just kind of bolster his true opinions on how to improve a mix...you know, more "AYE's," but I don't think it's malicious most of the time.

Oh, and then there's the one he uses to just insult people, lol.

Seriously, I'm not naming any names, b/c I could be wrong; I've been on the wrong side of THAT before, and it sucks. I don't think he's from Canada, though :D

chrisharris said:
Hell yes I know who it is, lol. In fact, call me paranoid, but my search turned up a whole damned family.

LMAO!!!!!!!Man I just about busted a gut reading that.LMAO!!!:D

A whole damned family of them.ROTFLMAO!:D :D :D

The administrator of this board can match up user ID's with ISP addresses in a heartbeat. Why not just do it???

I had a friend who ran one of these sites and he could tell you the number of user names that come from the same IP address. He never tolerated that sort of thing.

By all the talk around here, it seems this place has a number of these types of multiple users. I was even accused of critizing my own work! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
boo hoo hoo

WATYF said:
"wrong" yourself.

WATYF

first of all, i haven't heard a single 'deathmetal' recording posted here yet. when i post my opinions i am neutral with regard to genre. just because some of the talent that I've found here so far includes songs in a genre that you don't like doesn't mean I have a particular proclivity for it myself.

above and beyond all of the whining and crying the only real talent i have found so far is IanW. I look forward to purchasing his CD. oh, is his music considered 'deathmetal'?

Re: boo hoo hoo

a_super_critic said:
first of all, i haven't heard a single 'deathmetal' recording posted here yet. when i post my opinions i am neutral with regard to genre. just because some of the talent that I've found here so far includes songs in a genre that you don't like doesn't mean I have a particular proclivity for it myself.

above and beyond all of the whining and crying the only real talent i have found so far is IanW. I look forward to purchasing his CD. oh, is his music considered 'deathmetal'?

Wrong again...

(I'm pickin' up yer sarcasm, btw :p)

*sigh*.... must I always refute the trolls with facts.

I mean... can't they just take my word for it??

In this thread, you thought so highly of the vocalist that you warned the band to straighten up or someone else would grab him. Wow... really..??? I didn't know that atonally screaming into a mic was some kind of difficult to obtain, highly sought after talent these days. :p

In this thread, you said,... and I quote... "this song f#@king rocks". And yet I couldn't possibly disagree more. I also thought the recording quality was lacking (and that includes the vocals). This demostrates your taste for deathmetal clearly... oh yes... and I do mean deathmetal, considering the artist who posted that song referred to it as DEATHMETAL. (on his own freaking NWR site, no less.) So much for not having "heard a single deathmetal song posted here yet." :rolleyes: (nice try, though. :p)

I'm not cryin' man... as you can see by my openly "happy" avatar... I've got nuthin' to cry aboot. I just like contradicting people when they're so openly incorrect. :) I was making a general statement aboot poor music (IMNSHO) and poor recordings (IMNTSBHO) that were regarded highly by you on more than one occasion. It seemed to imply an affinity to that type of music, seeing how you listened to much "better" songs/recordings (in my assessment) in other threads and deemed them "worthless".

So you can admit that your tastes have interfered with your critiques... or you can just sit there and keep being wrong.

WATYF

(did I mention that I love playing with trolls? :D)

Re: Re: boo hoo hoo

WATYF said:
considering the artist who posted that song referred to it as DEATHMETAL. (on his own freaking NWR site, no less.)
See, that's one of those things we refer to in the legal profession as a "GOLDEN NUGGET OF ZING," lol. You have to just be thankful when the softballs are lobbed up all fat and wet, right?

Re: Re: Re: boo hoo hoo

chrisharris said:
See, that's one of those things we refer to in the legal profession as a "GOLDEN NUGGET OF ZING," lol. You have to just be thankful when the softballs are lobbed up all fat and wet, right?
LOL.... :D Yeah.. I kinda like it when they make it that easy. :D

But I enjoy a challenge too. :p

WATYF

Re: Re: boo hoo hoo

WATYF said:
Wrong again...

*sigh*.... must I always refute the trolls with facts.

I mean... can't they just take my word for it??

In this thread, you thought so highly of the vocalist that you warned the band to straighten up or someone else would grab him. Wow... really..??? I didn't know that atonally screaming into a mic was some kind of difficult to obtain, highly sought after talent these days. :p

and? the song posted in this thread was NOT deathmetal. oh, and also... that type of singing is very hard to pull off. just because you don't have the ear for it doesn't mean that it isn't valuable.

In this thread, you said,... and I quote... "this song f#@king rocks". And yet I couldn't possibly disagree more. I also thought the recording quality was lacking (and that includes the vocals). This demostrates your taste for deathmetal clearly... oh yes... and I do mean deathmetal, considering the artist who posted that song referred to it as DEATHMETAL. (on his own freaking NWR site, no less.) So much for not having "heard a single deathmetal song posted here yet." :rolleyes: (nice try, though. :p)

just because the artist thinks that their song is deathmetal, doesn't mean that it is. napalm death is a real deathmetal band. this band is not.

I'm not cryin' man... as you can see by my openly "happy" avatar... I've got nuthin' to cry aboot. I just like contradicting people when they're so openly incorrect. :) I was making a general statement aboot poor music (IMNSHO) and poor recordings (IMNTSBHO) that were regarded highly by you on more than one occasion. It seemed to imply an affinity to that type of music, seeing how you listened to much "better" songs/recordings (in my assessment) in other threads and deemed them "worthless".

i agree that the recording quality of most of the stuff posted here is bad. that fact, however, is independant to the point that talent can be heard. poor music? that is a taste judgement. like i have said before, i don't make judgements like that.

So you can admit that your tastes have interfered with your critiques... or you can just sit there and keep being wrong.

no. my personal preference with regard to music genre has not interfered once. and i have not been wrong once.

Re: IP for our hero is 24.106.135.9

Server: localhost
Address: 127.0.0.1

Name: rrcs-central-24-106-135-9.biz.rr.com
Address: 24.106.135.9

Back